Samuel Umtiti

Zincubus

Banned
Oddly enough a couple of the U.K. papers are going with the story that Barca have more or less accepted that he's off to ManU and they've drawn up a list of possible replacements...

The Mirror for one before anyone demands a link ...

FCBfan22

Sport and Mirror media are saying that he is off. Marca saying that he is staying. All 3 are not very reliable.

I guess all cards are still on the table. I think everything will be solved soon. The club is also probably waiting for Iniesta's decision, which should come in the following weeks.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Oddly enough a couple of the U.K. papers are going with the story that Barca have more or less accepted that he's off to ManU and they've drawn up a list of possible replacements...

The Mirror for one before anyone demands a link ...

It's not necessarily a list of replacements. It could be but I think the plan was to buy a young defender anyway this summer as a replacement for Vermaelen or Mina (loan). If Umtiti leaves, you just have to buy 2. My guess in that case would be Lenglet and Upamecano or de Ligt.

BarcaOG

Banned
losing him is a scary prospect. finding decent CBs is not easy...and he's great. our defence has improved a lot these past few years and its partly due to him.

FCBfan22

Until there is something on Cat Radio, I won't believe any of the reports. Marca, Sport and Express are all spawning a lot of shit.

Joan

You trust a Madrid based paper known for being the largest liars in Spanish publication over Catalan papers?

Damn.

Don't really trust any of them but I prefer Marca over Sport. Better reading, better quality...

Marca are not the largest liars in Spain, look at the likes of don balon...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Zincubus spreading dailyfails BS, people claiming Umtiti is already better than Mascherano, club being idiots if they "let him go".... Really guys.. Get a grip.

xXKonan

No other Catalan source has reported that Umtiti is likely leaving or negotiations have stalled due to the wages Sport Claim he wants.

Before anyone says "Well Sport has got some things right" doesn't mean it clears their reputation of posting rumors that are either bogus to get clicks or really exaggerate things that are going behind the scenes.

Sport in general was never high on Umtiti, even before we signed him they published rumors on how Lucho didn't want him as they feel he wasn't good enough and we are going for the likes of Marquinhos instead, or the gem during the summer how Valverde wasn't impressed with Umtiti at all and wanted Inigo Martinez to play alongside Pique.

Their last couple of articles come off as a Hit piece on Umtiti, trying to paint him as the bad guy that arrogantly wants to be on the same pay grade as some of the most prestigious members of the squad such as Iniesta,Pique,Suarez etc. and because of this he is willing to move to Manchester United.

Does Umtiti want to make more money? no doubt but I highly doubt the situation is anywhere near Dire as Sport is claiming and Umtiti would seriously leave Barcelona that easily because of these crazy Bullshit wage demands Sport claims.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's either wage demands or release clause that is stalling the signature.
Also, I prefer Sport putting Barca first instead of siding with a player that has only been here 2 years and is being a "joker" when asked about Barca.

Home of Barca Fans