Samuel Umtiti

ASordidGod

Be a huge step down. As has been mentioned, Utd really are not an attractive side to play for these days, and I don't see that changing under Mourinho. Big club still sure, but not as big in footballing terms as Barca, and obviously location gives us the advantage too. Don't see him leaving. Would be really disappointed though if it happened.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wanting to play for Barca? Football is business or money first nowadays. Yes, we are a big club but nowadays players look at money first. We are lucky in the sense that Mascherano, Coutinho took pay cuts to come here. That's very rare nowadays.

Sure, but we shouldn't pay more than other elite clubs to get a player, should we? Are we sure we want a player who looks at offers from us, Real Madrid, Manchester United, City, Bayern etc. and decide to join us only because we pay 1m more than what the other clubs offer?

FinBarcelonafan

True, the salaries we offered are at least comparable in the industry, if not the highest, which means the players shouldn't complain.

At the same time, our wage bill is one of the biggest and it accounts for roughly 84% of the budget, that's way too high and dangerous. We can't afford to keep offering astronomical wages just to attract players, we should offer no more than for example what Real Madrid pays and if they don't want to join/renew because of the salaries being offered we should ask them to take a hike.

Real is special case and especially with the politics, Catalonia is not exactly popular destination along Spain. It's like the whole Spain vs Catalonia. I doubt many kids want to sign with Barcelona right now, If they can choose Real.

Real has similar situation to Bayern in Germany league. Signing all the best prospects or the players in the country.

So I don't think it's just the wages we are offering. Real is just offering more now, because the situation.
It sucks..

Wanting to play for Barca? Football is business or money first nowadays. Yes, we are a big club but nowadays players look at money first. We are lucky in the sense that Mascherano, Coutinho took pay cuts to come here. That's very rare nowadays.

Paulinho as well. He wanted to come here and paid some of his signing bonus money to let him go.(Signing bonus like Coutinho?)

jamrock

Real is special case and especially with the politics, Catalonia is not exactly popular destination along Spain. It's like the whole Spain vs Catalonia. I doubt many kids want to sign with Barcelona right now, If they can choose Real.

Real has similar situation to Bayern in Germany league. Signing all the best prospects or the players in the country.

So I don't think it's just the wages we are offering. Real is just offering more now, because the situation.
It sucks..

Waaaaaaaaat

Givenchy

I cant believe there are Barca fans willing to part with Umtiti for any CB, especially Bailly (a hot head,cert red card in Clasico) and fucking de Ligt :facepalm:

Man Utd rumor is either a negotiation tactic by his agent or Sport making shit up as usual.

Don’t look too much into these things. He’s staying. Will be getting a hefty payraise though.

True, the salaries we offered are at least comparable in the industry, if not the highest, which means the players shouldn't complain.

At the same time, our wage bill is one of the biggest and it accounts for roughly 84% of the budget, that's way too high and dangerous. We can't afford to keep offering astronomical wages just to attract players, we should offer no more than for example what Real Madrid pays and if they don't want to join/renew because of the salaries being offered we should ask them to take a hike.

Our wage bill is ridiculously high but Umtiti isn't part of the problem. Pretty sure his wages are among the lowest on the team, that's why his buyout is so low.

Players like Arda (thank God he's gone) and Paulinho contribute much more to our wage problem.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Miguel Rico laid down the law in his article saying that Umtiti doesn't want to go anywhere no matter how good the offer is from other teams.

He also mentioned despite the original deal being agreed on to sign him from Lyon, Aulas tried to raise the price of Umtiti at the last minute due to the price City was going to pay for John stones but at that point it was to late and we paid 25 million for him.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180310/441384552287/umtiti-contrato-barca.html

Messi983

Miguel Rico laid down the law in his article saying that Umtiti doesn't want to go anywhere no matter how good the offer is from other teams.

He also mentioned despite the original deal being agreed on to sign him from Lyon, Aulas tried to raise the price of Umtiti at the last minute due to the price City was going to pay for John stones but at that point it was to late and we paid 25 million for him.
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180310/441384552287/umtiti-contrato-barca.html

The president of Barça had, still has, some SMS from his French counterpart in which the pass was set at 25 million. Words that were law ... although we had to press a little to make them so. Jean Michel Aulas ended up admitting that "the price of Umtiti has been the gift to a friend. I've told Bartomeu to invite me to the Champions League final. "

GOATomeu :bartomeu:

Neeraj

Just doesn't seem the same in the second half of the season. Something has changed - not sure if it's the lack of competition and him having established himself as the undisputed number 1, or just a normal dip in form. Hope it's the latter, because there's no way he's playing at the level he can, right now.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Umtiti is playing great. He had some weaker games but even there he was not bad at all. No worries about him, he will continue to be as reliable as ever.

Home of Barca Fans