Samuel Umtiti

BarçaBarça

I'd take De Ligt tbh. Strong in the air and huge potential. Suits Barcelona as a ball playing defender

I'm not saying we should sell Umtiti but if he wants to go to United for whatever reason won't hold it against him, thanks for everything. Let's invest the £80m in some talent

Trolling again? It is quite obvious why we shouldn't sell Umtiti, and why it would be a catastrophe to go in the market again, looking for a young solid defender - we didn't replace Puyol for years and years!! To suggest that replacing Umtiti with De Ligt would be somewhat of an upgrade means that you have seen 0 games for us this season. Ter Stegen, Umtiti and Messi has been the clear top-performers for us, and without one of them we would have significantly less points, and not almost secured the league right now.

Trolling again? It is quite obvious why we shouldn't sell Umtiti, and why it would be a catastrophe to go in the market again, looking for a young solid defender - we didn't replace Puyol for years and years!! To suggest that replacing Umtiti with De Ligt would be somewhat of an upgrade means that you have seen 0 games for us this season. Ter Stegen, Umtiti and Messi has been the clear top-performers for us, and without one of them we would have significantly less points, and not almost secured the league right now.

I know some people on here are a bit bit slow so let me explain again. IF and a big IF Umtiti doesn't want to sign a new contract and wants to move abroad selling him for 80m wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, like losing Messi would be.

And I would personally be happy with De Ligt who has his own unique style and qualities. I'm not saying we should actively go out and try to sell Umtiti but it's football players move around anything can happen.

BarçaBarça

I know some people on here are a bit bit slow so let me explain again. IF and a big IF Umtiti doesn't want to sign a new contract and wants to move abroad selling him for 80m wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, like losing Messi would be.

And I would personally be happy with De Ligt who has his own unique style and qualities. I'm not saying we should actively go out and try to sell Umtiti but it's football players move around anything can happen.

But again: It would be the worst thing to happen, and we should give him substantial payrise before considering other possible candidates. Switching from Umtiti to De Ligt would be a catastrophe sporting-wise - I wouldn't do it even though we earned substantial money on it!

And it is a bit annoying that you seems to be contrary to everyone in here for the sake of it: Say we can live without some of our best players just to get a reaction, or smash one of our biggest talents (Dembele) after he has played only 1 full game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hope he renews and stays but I have to say it is sad that we are resorting to retaining players by promising to pay more in salary. What happens to wanting to play for FC Barcelona?

Our wages are going through the roof, we really need to start reining in wages. If you are not happy to play for FC Barcelona with comparable wages you should get the hell out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Umtiti will renew. He loves Barca, Dembele is here now and we are getting Griezmann too.
Where would he go anyway?

Zincubus

Banned
DXzf3KTXcAA4Ty-.jpg

Says Mou wants Umtiti and United is willing to offer him a 9 million euro salary.

I'd take Bailly plus £50 million in exchange :)

CatalinR10

Yeah , we've went through a couple of years to get a decent CB and after all this trouble, we got ourselves the best CB in barca and top 3 in the world so that we could just to sell him to someone else.

FinBarcelonafan

I hope he renews and stays but I have to say it is sad that we are resorting to retaining players by promising to pay more in salary. What happens to wanting to play for FC Barcelona?

Our wages are going through the roof, we really need to start reining in wages. If you are not happy to play for FC Barcelona with comparable wages you should get the hell out.

Barcelona always paid big salaries as well.

Yeah , we've went through a couple of years to get a decent CB and after all this trouble, we got ourselves the best CB in barca and top 3 in the world so that we could just to sell him to someone else.

Not our choice. If ManU offers 60 million euros for him and he wants to leave, there's nothing we can do.

wisconsincule

I would be devastated if he wanted to leave. Thiago all over again. Umtiti is literally the perfect LCB for us. I would not trade him for any other player out there. He will renew and be here for the next 5+ seasons

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Barcelona always paid big salaries as well.

True, the salaries we offered are at least comparable in the industry, if not the highest, which means the players shouldn't complain.

At the same time, our wage bill is one of the biggest and it accounts for roughly 84% of the budget, that's way too high and dangerous. We can't afford to keep offering astronomical wages just to attract players, we should offer no more than for example what Real Madrid pays and if they don't want to join/renew because of the salaries being offered we should ask them to take a hike.

Barcilliant

Wanting to play for Barca? Football is business or money first nowadays. Yes, we are a big club but nowadays players look at money first. We are lucky in the sense that Mascherano, Coutinho took pay cuts to come here. That's very rare nowadays.

I'd take Bailly plus £50 million in exchange :)

Would be a big step down for Umtiti IMO. Mourinho is done as a coach and Utd are a boring club. Does Umtiti really want to trade sunny Barcelona for miserable Manchester?

Home of Barca Fans