Samuel Umtiti

Xaviniesta

can't believe i missed this

PF1jhA1.gif

FCBfan22

Thank you for not getting a card today big Sam. Pique could learn a thing or two from you. Especially about 1 on 1 defending.

Windhook

Not even his second full season at the club and he is already considered the best defender at the club in almost a decade (given Puyol's fragile state after 2010-11 and Pique's decline after Shakira). Give the guy a new contract with 750m release fee clause.

FCBfan22

He looked a bit sloppier than usual, but still good. Pique on the other hand got skinned numerous times by Leganes players.

draconifire

Looking at the man of the match thread and I was wondering, am I wrong cuz I found him quite off yesterday. There were a couple of chances that resulted directly because of him.
Still, he's one of the best defenders, and you can always have a couple of bad games, and this was probably his first in a long time.

Messi983

I think he played it safe (especially after Pique's yellow), knowing that he can't also get booked, especially with a ref like Mallenco that was just waiting for him to commit a foul so he could show him a card. And as a defender it's tough to play when you can't really go 100% in every tackle so that's maybe one of the reasons why he wasn't really at his usual high level.

Still a solid game overall though.

Horatio

You're welcome
7/10 performance. Looked shaky but he doesn't get rattled. Love his collected calmness. He had one stellar action where he defended the ball with his heel and spun around to collect it.

Home of Barca Fans