[tw]740934037284519938[/tw]

[tw]741085004793585665[/tw]

[tw]741417180236021761[/tw]

[tw]741492689305260032[/tw]

[tw]741538006906048512[/tw]

xXKonan

so he's a done deal

i hope by the end of the season he earns it and becomes our starter
With the possible departure of Masche, him being a starter is probably a safe bet when he comes.

Mathieu is one of Lucho's trusted players but with his age and recent injury issues I don't think he can be a starter for us.

xXKonan

Honestly, if he costs 33m, I'd had preferred they paid 40m for Bailly.
Bailly would've been a great option as well considering he can play on all areas of the defense and has loads of potential.

I wonder if it has to do with Robert and Lucho thinking Umtiti is more established? Umtiti is only a year older and has been a regular for Lyon since the 2012/13 season and he's great with the ball at his feet. Well this is just a complete guess by me though.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
If Masche leaves, I'd expect to get someone like Mustafi too. Pique, Mustafi, Umtiti and Mathieu could do quite well.

Or maybe convert Krychowiak to CB and let him be a backup DM.

God I hope Masche doesn't go. I don't think he will.

gasgas

With the possible departure of Masche, him being a starter is probably a safe bet when he comes.

Mathieu is one of Lucho's trusted players but with his age and recent injury issues I don't think he can be a starter for us.

even if age and injuries were factored out, mathieu wouldnt be a starter for me

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Bailly would've been a great option as well considering he can play on all areas of the defense and has loads of potential.

I wonder if it has to do with Robert and Lucho thinking Umtiti is more established? Umtiti is only a year older and has been a regular for Lyon since the 2012/13 season and he's great with the ball at his feet. Well this is just a complete guess by me though.

They probably think that Umtiti has better skillset for Barca than Bailly. Since Zubi's era there was always talk about "right" defender for Barca. And Umititi is left-footed (right?). Lucho is seems to be obsessed with left footed CBs for LCB position
Also Bailly would have to go to African Cup of Nations in the middle of the season when every point is vital. It might have been a factor as well if they seriously considered him.

Home of Barca Fans