Samuel Umtiti

clemente

Was godlike whole match but fuck sake why the fuck did he not tackle Vazquez at the end, had like good 10 seconds and 50 different way he couldve done that

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've thought that he's been severely underrated for a while now. IMO, not only is he our best CB last season and the best one we have at the moment, but a top 5 CB in the world and maybe even towards the higher end of that list.

Look at how hard his job is out there, it'd actually be 100% understandable for him to mess up every now and then. But it simply doesn't happen. He rarely fucks up at the back compared to other CB's. I actually can't believe it's possible for him to defend that well given how much he constantly has to defend.

AND on top of that he was making slicing passes through multiple lines way up the pitch, finding Deulo/Suarez etc. He always does it and, though he doesn't opt for aerial long balls he is a master of long ground passes and through balls and all between lines. Our best defender both on the ball and off it.

Garrus

What a jaw dropping signing, And for what?, 25m euros!!, And still 23 years old, Holy mother of god.....
Confident, Intelligent, Strong, And with great technique, Without a doubt one of the best CB's the world right now.

Him, Marc and hopefully dembele will be our main pillars in the next decade.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
IMO people should start talking about Umtiti with the respect of a potentially once in a generation defender. It is only fair to give him such praise and consideration after all that he's been consistently proving on the pitch, every fucking game. He's been criminally underhyped but the facts are what they are, and he is something truly special.

Garrus

IMO people should start talking about Umtiti with the respect of a potentially once in a generation defender. It is only fair to give him such praise and consideration after all that he's been consistently proving on the pitch, every fucking game. He's been criminally underhyped but the facts are what they are, and he is something truly special.
What gives me goosebumps, Is most CBs reach their peak around 28-29, And this guy is putting world class performances at the age of 23.
I wholeheartedly agree, This guy is very special.

Home of Barca Fans