Samuel Umtiti

SeloBarca

From watching games it is clear as day to me teams are letting him have the ball and he defers to the easy pass far more than Pique and Masch who are far better on the ball.

Do you not have stats to back up he plays more forward passes? Sounds like you did.

They let him have it becouse he has not as good under preassure, but when given time i Think hes the better passer.
I also Think the preassure thing will get better as he gets more experiance with the team.

JamDav1982

They let him have it becouse he has not as good under preassure, but when given time i Think hes the better passer.
I also Think the preassure thing will get better as he gets more experiance with the team.

Surely if he is not as good under pressure they press him not leave him to have so much time on the ball?

If he was better on the ball than Pique or Masch they wouldnt be wanting him on it.

Jombi

I really don't know what games you are watching but when I watch him play most of his passes are either safely forward to a fullback, to the side to Pique, or straight back to Mats, and passing charts reflect this.

Do we know what type of instructions he is given though? We cant just automatically assume that everything he does is not a result of instructions. Judging by number of passes per game in La Liga, Pique passes 70 times per game, Umtiti 71 and Mascherano 73 times. Not really much of a difference.

God Serena

Do we know what type of instructions he is given though? We cant just automatically assume that everything he does is not a result of instructions. Judging by number of passes per game in La Liga, Pique passes 70 times per game, Umtiti 71 and Mascherano 73 times. Not really much of a difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's down to instructions but that's not really the point I'm arguing. His passing is not impressive. Whether it's because he's scared on the ball or because Lucho tells him to play this way doesn't matter to me.

Jombi

I wouldn't be surprised if it's down to instructions but that's not really the point I'm arguing. His passing is not impressive. Whether it's because he's scared on the ball or because Lucho tells him to play this way doesn't matter to me.

I think his passing is fine personally and if he does what he is told to do, its hard to fault him.

God Serena

I think his passing is fine personally and if he does what he is told to do, its hard to fault him.

I'm not faulting him but you can't give him credits, either. The same way you can't give credits to Neymar for all the goals he's not scoring because of the lack of a midfield, even though it's down to Lucho's tactics.

Jombi

I'm not faulting him but you can't give him credits, either. The same way you can't give credits to Neymar for all the goals he's not scoring because of the lack of a midfield, even though it's down to Lucho's tactics.

You're not faulting him? Sounded like you were, but guess not then.

Home of Barca Fans