Samuel Umtiti

SeloBarca

Yeah,because Pique got better help from Roberto :lol:

No he didnt, Roberto gave Pique as little help as Alba gave Umtiti.
We had a 2 man defence, and both played really bad.
Im just saying i still Think Umtiti is good, but he looked even worse today becouse of no help from Alba.

Jombi

Yes, in this kind of game, its ridiculous to attack the CBs. It was a collective disaster from everyone. Lucho must take huge blame for this. And of course our terrible transfer policy.

R

reaper

Yes, in this kind of game, its ridiculous to attack the CBs. It was a collective disaster from everyone. Lucho must take huge blame for this. And of course our terrible transfer policy.

Very unfair. In a communist world fine, but in the West - no way. Some players did well tonight. Neymar fought like a Trojan today for example. He was a warrior. Umtiti, Roberto, Gomes etc are simply not Barcelona standard and should not be at the club.

JamDav1982

He was crap positionally, gave a stupid foul away for the first goal and looked poor on ball to extent you could see PSG wanting him to have it.

Long way to go as being a regular defender good enough for Barca.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was bad. Pique was bad. Alba was bad. Roberto was bad.

However when PSG basically gets one chance after another in 3v3 or 4v3 situations against us, can you really blame the CBs all that much? Perhaps you can, but the way PSG walked towards our goal tonight was shameful.

Jombi

Very unfair. In a communist world fine, but in the West - no way. Some players did well tonight. Neymar fought like a Trojan today for example. He was a warrior. Umtiti, Roberto, Gomes etc are simply not Barcelona standard and should not be at the club.

Nope. It was a collective disaster from everyone. People just like to believe switching a player here or there would make a difference in such a game. It wouldnt.

JamDav1982

Naaahh...not overrated. Like Selo said, didn't get any support.

He didnt provide any support either and was just as bad as rest.

Not having support doesnt mean he has to clatter into PSG player for first goal or dither on the ball and take easy pass every time as PSG wanted him to.

For me he is over rated for what he has shown and still not convinced he can be Barca CB long term.

opjeoff

Zero blame on him. First KO game and the entire team took a trashing.

Everyone deserves abit of the blame equally. From Lucho to the players. He was part of the problem, doesn't mean he was the problem though. Youre right tho, his first KO game makes it easier to swallow.

khaled_a_d

He was bad. Pique was bad. Alba was bad. Roberto was bad.

However when PSG basically gets one chance after another in 3v3 or 4v3 situations against us, can you really blame the CBs all that much? Perhaps you can, but the way PSG walked towards our goal tonight was shameful.

This is Barcelona,our CBs should be always aware that such situations will happen, you can't just forgive everyone because the others didn't do their jobs
He is currently -and by far- the most overrated Barca player,he almost get a free pass for all stupid mistakes he makes,almost every game I watched he makes one silly foul or stupid positioning. and then everyone is like Umtiti is gr8,he is a beast etc. For all the shit everyone else gets I don't understand that tbh
Don't get me wrong,I like the guy but he is still a young CB who is learning,I think he will be good enough to be our starting CB. I just don't think he is there yet

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is Barcelona,our CBs should be always aware that such situations will happen, you can't just forgive everyone because the others didn't do their jobs
He is currently -and by far- the most overrated Barca player,he almost get a free pass for all stupid mistakes he makes,almost every game I watched he makes one silly foul or stupid positioning. and then everyone is like Umtiti is gr8,he is a beast etc. For all the shit everyone else gets I don't understand that tbh
Don't get me wrong,I like the guy but he is still a young CB who is learning,I think he will be good enough to be our starting CB. I just don't think he is there yet

I get your point, but despite being a Barcelona defender, there is no way in hell he or his team mates should be under such pressure an entire game. No way, and it's not like Pique was any better either, a much more experienced player.

He's inexperienced at this level and will make mistakes and learn from it. I wouldn't say he's overrated, he's rated as he should be. The mistakes he makes are mistakes more experienced players also commit, but people are more inclined to give them the benefit of doubt when it should be the opposite.

He's performed better than Mascherano as a CB this season IMO. The mistakes you're talking about are the mistakes Mascherano has been making the entire season too, looking a bit slower and more unsure than before. Why should Umtiti be condemned for it while Mascherano gets a free pass when he's the more experienced player? If Umtiti is not a starter material right now then who is if the other experienced defenders bar Pique are making the same mistakes?

You can only compare with what you already have.

Mascherano is a leader though so there's that, and I'm in no way saying he's bad, but that you need to compare your player with the ones you have in your squad.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

He's an inexperienced guy playing in a team that is in a bad moment. Other much more experienced players were shit today. If your midfield is overrun and your right side is complete shit there is nothing the centre backs can do.

Did that really need to be deleted?

Sure, I think he's completely wrong, but he's just voicing an opinion. All he did was say that Umtiti is a shitty player. Which, again, I completely disagree with.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans