Champions League

Warik

Can we stop using the inexperienced excuse for Arsenal now? If they are experienced enough to reach a CL semi they are experienced enough to not do shit in the Premiership...

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Manchester's defence looks like a dream for Barcelona, no?
The two backs were absolute crap today. The central defence is pretty good in the air but too slow for our fast combinations. I don't see their midfield stop Xavi and Iniesta.

Or am I just dreaming?

reiniksrobis

Munichmaniac
I'm really looking forward to Arsenal vs Barca final :party00231::popcom: Arsenal is my second favorite team[just after Bayern] ;) I really HATE United, so I hope they will fail against Arsenal :eek:

F

FCB_Titi_LB

I'm really looking forward to Arsenal vs Barca final :party00231::popcom: Arsenal is my second favorite team[just after Bayern] ;) I really HATE United, so I hope they will fail against Arsenal :eek:
Barca your third? :) u monster ! :)

Guardian

hehe...Berbatov was shit once again. Makes you wonder why he's captain of our NT. It's like having a pussy cat for a leader in a dog gang. United will reach the final and will lose it. Berbatov will make the difference between last seasons United and United from this season.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
baah, Oporto should have put on a fight stronger than that. I hate english commentators as much as Warik... he was going on and on about how amazing Man utd are... fuck, they barely made it old man, they barely made it.

Beast

The Observer
didn't see tonight games i was traveling.. but anyone still doubt the EPL Quality and strength?... we seriously must study & even emulate them ... and please it's not about the money Real for example make more money yet way behind.. not about the stars as well .. EPL made players stars.. not the other way around.. i'm hardly a pro-EPL person.. i don't even like watching it.. but things need to be studied and analyzed

we have fallen behind and it's very sad.. but if the Liga & Serie teams don't move and move quickly things will turn really bad...
3 consecutive years .. 3 out of 4 CL semi Finalist are EPL teams.. never happened before NEVER.. it's fucking scary for the future of our beloved Liga and UEFA club competition .. the dominance of the EPL teams is a catastrophe for the other leagues.. not this way

shadows

@Beast

The problem is with the infinite money which the EPL teams have..Another problem is with youngsters..Any prospective youngster and they lure him imm with offer of big money...Laliga teams suffer because of the lack of money from TV rights and also from youngsters being poached up time and again..

The problem with Real is the money spent wastefully...

Zqa-

La Liga teams make more money on TV-right than PrL teams does..

- well most of them does, not all.

Warik

didn't see tonight games i was traveling.. but anyone still doubt the EPL Quality and strength?... we seriously must study & even emulate them ... and please it's not about the money Real for example make more money yet way behind.. not about the stars as well .. EPL made players stars.. not the other way around.. i'm hardly a pro-EPL person.. i don't even like watching it.. but things need to be studied and analyzed

we have fallen behind and it's very sad.. but if the Liga & Serie teams don't move and move quickly things will turn really bad...
3 consecutive years .. 3 out of 4 CL semi Finalist are EPL teams.. never happened before NEVER.. it's fucking scary for the future of our beloved Liga and UEFA club competition .. the dominance of the EPL teams is a catastrophe for the other leagues.. not this way

Correction: Everyone apart from Barça has fallen behind. TBH it is the English style plus the adaptation to what made the Italians a force, Catenaccio. When English teams go away from home and open up (like Man Utd against Milan in 06/07) they fail miserably. They have simply became more tactically aware tbh. Then there is the finances, which will not last forever as alot of the big 4 English sides are in crippling debts which WILL catch up to them eventually.

Look at it this way even Man Utd at their best only just squeezed through against a (by all standards poor) Barcelona side last season. Barça even if we lose against Chelsea have been in 3 out of the last 4 semi finals...The dominance isn't EPL, it is EPL + Barça. Also suffice to say this has been a bad year for Spain even in the UEFA Cup. BUT it hasn't been fantastic for EPL teams either. Beyond the top 4 I'd match up Atleti, Valencia, Villarreal, Sevilla with Spurs, Everton, Villa and Man City.

The solution is simply to keep going with our style Beast but to buy into what makes the EPL so dominant, power. Their players are big and strong but are also fitter than they have ever been before. How did they do that? by hiring foreign coaches, and using their methods. You'll hate it but you do what Pep has done and what has arguably made Barça so hard to beat in La Liga this season beyond our possession, bring in powerful players who are also good with the ball at their feet.

Look at us now with Keita, Busquets and Pique (a signing you thought wouldn't come off but has come off amazingly well as he is the big guy who can mark the English's big forwards like Drogba). You could also say Alves is physically strong, even if in stature he is small. Hleb even though he has not come off, is a player with EPL experience. Add to that Toure, Abidal, Puyol and Marquez who we already had, and Peps orders for Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Eto'o to spend hours in the gym outside of training to bulk themselves up for an English tie and we have been preparing for this all season. All our players look physically more muscled now than they did early in the season.

Then look at how our tempo of play has sped up immensely. TBH You can try say it is the Liga's problem Beast but right now Barça are way ahead of the rest in meeting the English threat. You'll probably disagree but we are the best equiped team to meet the English, not only because of our attack either.

Home of Barca Fans