Why are you a Barcelona fan?

goope

Roger Federer (tennis player): "Messi and I show that good guys can also be successful, and enjoy life in the meantime." [diario ole]
The reason I'm one.
Pep gives me hope.

M

mitkoa7x

For the great football initially, then I found out the club represents the rights of an entire nation.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Messi initally, later strengthened by what the club represents. My other club Celtic represent their respective community in a similar fashion.

M

Malappapper

For the great football initially, then I found out the club represents the personal rights of an entire nation.

How can a nation have personal rights?

To the point in question. Isn't it obvious why we in here support Barca?

goope

How can a nation have personal rights?

To the point in question. Isn't it obvious why we in here support Barca?

No.
Some people liked Ronaldinho and sticked, some like the style and that Barca are effective with it, some are supporters before the 21st century (also non Catalans) so there must be other reasons than the first two mentioned that they support the club.
Some people (like me) aren't really interested in football in general but like the values of this club. Some are Catalans and that's why they support it. Some aren't even Catalans but like the club because it represents Catalonia (mitkoa7x).

I think there are many reasons to support Barcelona and I'm curious to find out why people in this forum support Barcelona.
I appreciate the posters here, I think it is a very good forum and that's why I'd like to know your reasons.
If every 2nd poster names the same reason it isn't a problem because the same usually happens in the MOTM threads (messi) and we still do it because sometimes there are other opinions. I also never thought that a non Catalan says the main reason he supports Barca is the Catalan identity of the club.
I'm interested in your opinion, if you want to post it I'd be glad. If you think it's not necessary and most of the other users think so too, ok. Then this thread won't be relevant. But that didn't deprive me from asking. :) Of course not, why should it?

Trickykid

Like many others, I'd wager, I started following Barca as a little kid. I used to stay up late saturday nights with my dad in order to watch Laudrup and the rest of the Dreamteam. As a Dane, Laudrup was probably the main reason for me to pick Barca as my team. I never lost interest in the team, and stuck with them for better and worse, which in the end resulted in me finally getting my shit together and became a member 4-5 years ago.
I was far too young to care about politics and values back when it all started, so all that has just been added along the way as I grew up with the team.

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
I'm old school. It all started when I was a kid and when my family used to spend the summer in Barcelona during the time Maradona joined Barca. It was a huge thing for me. Fanboy I know. Many years Later still Proud of the club and what it stands for. :barca scarf:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
For me it all started around the end of the Cruijff(manager) era and the start of Van Gaal's first term. At that time the Dutch were quite prominently represented in the squad, and with the beautiful history of some Dutch players and managers I immediately became a supporter of FC Barcelona. De Boer, Kluivert, Overmars, Cocu... :wub:

Never lost my love for this club!

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Started following football and loved Barcelona's style of play as well as their classy attitude, none more so than Messi's.

M

Malappapper

Those of us who are old enough, vividly remember the Dream Team of the early 90s. Koeman and Stoichkov were my favorites back then.

M

Malappapper

What makes Barca so awesome:

1. Style of play

2. So many native youth product.

3. The History

4. The massive stadium

*Unfortunately we can no longer boast about not having a sponsor on our shirts.

Cristofol

My local team, my family have supported Barça as long as it existed. My Grandpa was born next to Les Corts. And of course Barcelona is a massive institution for Catalanism, Catalonia may be Spain's bitches in politics and other aspects but on the field Catalonia dominates, a true force. Even in my own city, there are those who do not approve of Catalan nationalism, some Spaniarcated Catalans have even taken issue with me about my public support and pride, but in Camp Nou it is encouraged a space where nationalism is a mutual feeling and not taboo or controversial, we know what we are and we will scream it from the fucking stands VISCA CATALUNYA I VISCA EL BARÇA!

Beautiful, beautiful club :love:

Home of Barca Fans