Why are you a Barcelona fan?

JerseyAddict

That's a good tip for me :)
I must get my boy a Barca shirt as soon as he becomes aware of football.

HEHE, I'm telling you, get them on-board with the Team while they are young. My kid recognizes Barça jerseys in park, in shops, on the street. On Easter and for his 2nd Birthday he got Barcelona ball and scarf. Now for kindergarten he got Barça kids shoes-bag. Even when nurse came to watch how we deal him I had "nursery log" in Barça notebook.

While we walk around parks and watching game at home I test him with recognition of Barça crest. He knows even polo-crest that is blue/dark blue. Messi is like mam/dad.

He only recognizes Croatia jersey like that. But he only can say Lakitić from all croatian players... (no R yet, he'll learn).
I must get him small Barça kit ASAP. I didn't want to buy that stupid horizontal striped from last season.

bismp

I think when it comes to all these historic European clubs,you usually follow one of the teams that were in a good condition when you were a kid.For example,one of my earliest football memories is the 2006 final.It also helped that i visited Barcelona and the Camp Nou with my family in late 2005.So,the one thing brought the other and here i am :D

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
HEHE, I'm telling you, get them on-board with the Team while they are young. My kid recognizes Barça jerseys in park, in shops, on the street. On Easter and for his 2nd Birthday he got Barcelona ball and scarf. Now for kindergarten he got Barça kids shoes-bag. Even when nurse came to watch how we deal him I had "nursery log" in Barça notebook.

While we walk around parks and watching game at home I test him with recognition of Barça crest. He knows even polo-crest that is blue/dark blue. Messi is like mam/dad.

He only recognizes Croatia jersey like that. But he only can say Lakitić from all croatian players... (no R yet, he'll learn).
I must get him small Barça kit ASAP. I didn't want to buy that stupid horizontal striped from last season.

:worthy:

We must meet one day and bring the sons!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
HEHE, I'm telling you, get them on-board with the Team while they are young. My kid recognizes Barça jerseys in park, in shops, on the street.

I did similar but only because he kept asking for a Barcelona shirt, seeing me in them or watching matches, vldeos. He seems to think there are only two teams to root for, Barca & Le Nati (Suisse NT) - sometimes gearing up in a combo of the two kits

JerseyAddict

:worthy:

We must meet one day and bring the sons!

HEHE. Yes, indeed.
There is no bigger "spectacle" than a YEAR OLD KID watching UCL finals with a crowd and yellin AAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHHHHH when Rakitić scored a goal. Even my wife was proud (nothing about "hooligans" and simmilar crap...)

I did similar but only because he kept asking for a Barcelona shirt, seeing me in them or watching matches, vldeos. He seems to think there are only two teams to root for, Barca & Le Nati (Suisse NT) - sometimes gearing up in a combo of the two kits

Exactly my point. As said, I would buy him kit but that last season is so horrible to me...

EDIT:
This is must have for a school kid.
For pens and pencils

Res_t_609141.jpg

Last edited:

BADGERBHOY

My father has a soft spot for Barca and loves the Celtic just like me.
Got my first Barca strip in Can Pastilla in 1987. (first Celtic 83)
I remember Real falling to pieces against Tenerife in 92 and 93
Djukic missing a pen for Depor in 94 and getting up every Sunday morning to record Barca highlights from Trans World Sport
I wish we'd won tonight,. I know that we (Celtic) are going to get punished
Mon the hoops anyway

Last edited:

nibarcafans

In answer to the thread title...
I have been very fond of the club for a number of years, but it’s only really in the past couple of years that I would say I have considered myself a supporter.
When I was younger, on a family holiday we did the Camp Nou tour and I remember being blown away by the stadium which was like no other football ground I had seen before. I can also remember being engrossed in watching the Champions League final against Arsenal in 2006 and wanting Barca to do it – and they did! And of course it was around that time and since that the club have been so dominant.
But as I say it’s only the past couple of years that I’ve taken my interest in the club further. I’d been in Amsterdam for a few days and did the tour of the Amsterdam Arena and of course the history of Ajax with Cruyff and the style of play gripped me, and obviously there are many close links between Ajax/Dutch football and Barcelona. It was shortly after then that my girlfriend went to spend 13 months working in Barcelona. With many trips back and forth, I became more and more gripped by the whole culture of the club

Home of Barca Fans