Paul Gascoigne

MVBarcaFan

Paul-Gascoigne4.jpg

Date of birth 27 May 1967 (age 45)
Place of birth Dunston, Gateshead, England
Height 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)
Playing position Midfielder

What can I say? The last world-class English man to play the game? His movement in the mid-field reminded of Zidane and Iniesta.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gazza was a legend. Can't say I followed him much while he was in England but he made some great tandem with Brian Laudrup while playing for Rangers.

GiantKiller

I didn't get a chance to watch him, but I've heard many great things about his qualities on the pitch. Also, for some weird reason, I had always thought of him as a forward. Only up until now, that is. :O

Btw, how do you pronounce his surname?

Vecellio

My favourite ever english player. Total theatre whenever he got the ball and you just couldn't predict what he would do, and even his screwups were somewhat entertaining. Also, he was a massive personality (how the game misses that these days) and bloody hilarious to boot.
I genuinely believe if he had been more professional/not cursed with an insanely low boredom threshold/self-destruct propensities (or whatever you want to call it) he'd be more widely remembered as a true great, was definitely a tier above say Scholes in natural talent.
In retrospect going to Spurs was probably a massive mistake (and I say that as a Spurs fan)..injuries didn't help either did they (again, a lot stemmed from that wild tackle in the cup final so was kinda self-inflicted).

SeloBarca

One of the most talanted ENglish players of all time. His tecnique, speed with the ball and eye for the game rivaled those of the best. Im sure he would be "one of the greatest" if he didnt ruin his career with alcohol and various substances.

89Norcal

The English Messi! With a little Ronaldinho flair thrown in and the personality of.....well Paul Gascoigne, lol.

frog-fcb

The clown prince of england one a the best players of his era will never forget his euro 96 goal v scotland also a rangers legend

89Norcal

There's been reports that Gazza is up and walking in the hospital after a brief stint in IC following complications with the detox procedure.

Looks like he's going to be ok.

Home of Barca Fans