Rugby

Cristofol

USAP is my team. Perpinyà!

Usa_perpignan_badge.png

Endavant catalans! :friends:

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Ugh. Biarritz getting totally owned by Connaught today.

Hopefully Toulouse will do better over the weekend. They've got a young Center that's really something else.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I only watch international rugby matches, so Six Nations, Tri Nations etc. Friend of mine plays rugby so I got introduced to it by him, and usually watch rugby in a pub in Amsterdam or something. But heck, it is damn good to watch!

Cristofol

I only watch international rugby matches, so Six Nations, Tri Nations etc. Friend of mine plays rugby so I got introduced to it by him, and usually watch rugby in a pub in Amsterdam or something. But heck, it is damn good to watch!

Any countries in particular you favor? And yeah absolutely, it's a fine sport

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Any countries in particular you favor? And yeah absolutely, it's a fine sport

Well, I first started supporting the Wallabies, but the Springboks have also attracted my favor. But since a little while now I will support Scotland, since Tim Visser is a player for them. And as a fellow Dutchman, I can't do anything else but support him of course!

Cristofol

Well, I first started supporting the Wallabies, but the Springboks have also attracted my favor. But since a little while now I will support Scotland, since Tim Visser is a player for them. And as a fellow Dutchman, I can't do anything else but support him of course!

Nice choice, I have countries I enjoy watching but I can't really follow anyone until my beloved Catalunya is granted our official team status back since Franco ruined us and made us merge with Spain. Our appeal was recently turned down by the French so still very bitter about that haha

AURELIUS

Yes. More a fan of rugby in general and wanting to see it grow and grow around the world. It is already the biggest team sport globally second only to football and with the introduction of sevens to the Olympics will only see it grow further and faster.

Always have a spot for the underdogs though particularly in RWC's considering how many hurdles and handicaps they have to face when playing the old boys. Have a soft spot for the Pumas and Wales.

European rugby is growing fast. Belgium and Spain are coming along nicely along with Russia and of course Georgia. Even Romania is starting to show signs of recovery and Germany as well after their initial sucess in the thirties. African teams are progressing too ie Tunisia and in South America Chile are moving forward well as well as Brazil. In Asia aside from Japan, South Korea and Kazakhstan the game could do with a bit of a push.

Both North American teams need a lot of work to do particularly in getting the sport played in high school and in junior clubs and improving coaching. Canada used to pretty decent in the era of Norm Hadley and company but have failed to progress unfortunately.

Cristofol

Yes. More a fan of rugby in general and wanting to see it grow and grow around the world. It is already the biggest team sport globally second only to football and with the introduction of sevens to the Olympics will only see it grow further and faster.

Always have a spot for the underdogs though particularly in RWC's considering how many hurdles and handicaps they have to face when playing the old boys. Have a soft spot for the Pumas and Wales.

European rugby is growing fast. Belgium and Spain are coming along nicely along with Russia and of course Georgia. Even Romania is starting to show signs of recovery and Germany as well after their initial sucess in the thirties. African teams are progressing too ie Tunisia and in South America Chile are moving forward well as well as Brazil. In Asia aside from Japan, South Korea and Kazakhstan the game could do with a bit of a push.

Both North American teams need a lot of work to do particularly in getting the sport played in high school and in junior clubs and improving coaching. Canada used to pretty decent in the era of Norm Hadley and company but have failed to progress unfortunately.

Well said :)
A lot of people seem to be general rugby fans, understandable, fantastic sport. Thanks for your input :goodpost:

frog-fcb

im a big ulster an ireland fan gotta support the home province. im lookin forward to the lions tour this summer

AURELIUS

im a big ulster an ireland fan gotta support the home province. im lookin forward to the lions tour this summer

You have my sincere condolences in regards of the loss of Nevin Spence. Lovely lad with a big future ahead of him. I would have expected him to be on the fringes of a full Ireland call up for this Six Nations. Craig Gilroy is a wonderful exciting attacking winger and one I shall look forward to seeing in the 6N. Won't mention Saracens coming to Ravenhill and winning though. ;)

Regarding the British & Irish Lions I am seriously thinking this is an anachronism in the developing world of rugby union a bit like the Barbarians. That used to be regarded as a fixture of immense importance whereas nowadays it doesn't merit the same treatment.

Rugby fans from these isles might regard that as a heinous statement but I think it would be better for world rugby as a whole that these match ups were ended and more Tests played against say the Pacific Islanders, Georgia who rarely get enough top class Test fixtures in between World Cups.

frog-fcb

yea nevin was a tragic loss from a farming background myself theres way to many dangers, yea gilroy seems a great wee player and i supposwe having bowe an trimble in the same team will only benefit him in the long run. iv high hopes for my neighbour an friend ali birch whos also playing for ulster now. cant wait for the six nations hopefully ireland pull there finger out an do something this year

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Final games coming up, will England pick up the Grand Slam? I do believe they will, although I pray for Wales!

Just saw some footage from Julian Savea, what a beast! Reminds me a bit of Lomu :hooray:

Home of Barca Fans