Rugby

ManusXavi

It all becomes very real when you get to touch the trophy! We are the CHAMPIONS!!!
Jock the Highlander (My Mascot teddy) has been sitting patiently on the dashboard of my work truck waiting for the moment to sit in his Super Rugby trophy.
11219532_10206855440601486_6812117495257129181_n.jpg

ManusXavi

Dunedin doesn't have the accommodation to host the 15,000 travelling Supporters so unfortunately the CEO of New Zealand rugby is correct in saying that Dunedin can't host the All Blacks vs British and Irish Lions.
"Despite the parochial views of most people who live south of (Wellington) it would be a considerable struggle for Dunedin to cope with the logistics of the hordes of fans that are travelling."
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/278426/south-island-misses-out-on-lions-tests

ManusXavi

All Blacks play Argentina on friday night (nz time). Midfield combo of Sonny bill Williams and Ma'a Nonu will be devistating. Highlanders wing Waisake Naholo who was the super rugby top scorer makes his debut on the wing number 14

ManusXavi

So how can they say its not big enough when im sure most of the ļion fans wìll head down for the highlanders game

$$$ Unfortunately has spoken and to be honest we will struggle. We had car parks full of Camper Vans last time (2005)

Last edited:

ManusXavi

This year's Speight's Beer ad (our beer) has a fitting slogan for the way that the Highlanders overcame the odds by being a well drilled team >> "We Will"

Speights has a huge part to play to our rugby and tough 'Southern Man' Culture. Most of the Highlanders are not from 'The South' so the culture and desire is important to mould into.
A few pages back I had a Crowd goes Wild video about the Highlanders victory. The host interviewing the players in that Video was born in Hurricanes territory. Came to Otago University. . . .got the Southern Man culture installed in him. His name was Josh Kronfield and he played many a game for the Highlanders and Otago. He was born in Hurricanes land but in the video he is clearly supporting the Highlanders.
Here is the video again.

11 more Speights ad's are on this link here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6fAZyW3cRbiarhAZv-cq3vWjP3-D4EY2

Last edited:

ManusXavi

Here are Highlights of a good rugby memory. 2013 > Australia 16-41 British and Irish Lions. We Kiwi's love it when Australia loses

ManusXavi

I can't think of another sporting event where the away team has more fans than the home team. Going to a British and Irish Lions game is a unique experience.

frog-fcb

Love it just such a pity they dropped o'driscoll for the final game of the series. At times i still miss watching him anyways 2017 will be an exremely hard test for the lions

ManusXavi

Oh f*#k! Waisake Naholo broken leg. Out of world cup. Sucks for the highlanders winger. Doesnt hurt our world cp chances as Piutau, jane and Milner-Skudder are adequte

Home of Barca Fans