FC Barcelona Statistics 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Whoscored did. As there isn't rules for assists, I see no harm in doing so.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Also, that Xavi pass to Messi didn't look like one but we've been through this before. There's no set rule for assists so mind as well just appreciate Flavia's updates :)

abual3bed1

Flavia's updates are always appreciated, I was just saying that Tello had to steal the ball from the defender so...

F

Flavia

Flavia's updates are always appreciated, I was just saying that Tello had to steal the ball from the defender so...
I know, at first I didn't give it to Iniesta, but I'm trying to have a consistency with the sources I check, as there's no rule. The wider one seems better, anyway. And I think the defender didn't touch the ball, Tello dribbled him.

barcanuck

Also, that Xavi pass to Messi didn't look like one but we've been through this before. There's no set rule for assists so mind as well just appreciate Flavia's updates :)

Man people are too hard on assists. In North American terms for y'all:

"An assist is given when a pass leads to a goal"

That's it. No 2 second time limit on it, no one timer required from the finisher. In hockey we can give two assists for one goal. I wish they would do that in soccer too just to elevate the stats game. Anyway that's it. Don't doubt Flavia. She's getting assist stats from a good source not making them up.

MMKa

FIFA Assist criteria for 1990 World Cup:

1. An assist was awarded to the player who had given the last pass to the goalscorer.
2. In addition, also the last but two holder of the ball could get an assist provided that his action had decisive importance for the goal.
3. After goals from rebounds those players were awarded an assist who had shot on target.
4. After goals scored on penalty or by a directly converted free-kick the fouled player received a point.
5. In case that the goalscorer had laid on the goal for himself (dribble, solo run), no assists were awarded.
6. No assists were awarded, either, if the goalscorer took advantage of a missed pass by an opponent.
7. Where goals resulting from penalties are concerned, the player who is fouled in the area receives an assist point (unless, that is, the player who is fouled subsequently executes the penalty himself).

This criteria, including assists to own goals, is used by Transfermarkt.de (without the 7th rule).

KhaledBarca

- Best Winning % this season (Europe's top 5 leagues, all comps):
Barca 86%
Atletico 78%
Bayern 78%
Man Utd 74%
Juventus 73%

- Most Official goals in 2012/13:
- Barca 80
- Chelsea 75
- Bayern Munich 71
- Hannover 70
- Real Madrid 68
- Man Utd 63

F

Flavia

Barça stats for 2012

Barça won 49 of the 63 games played in 2012 - a 77.7% win rate

Leo Messi was the team’s leading scorer with 79 goals, followed by Xavi Hernández and Cesc Fàbregas with 11 each

Tito Vilanova’s time in charge has begun with 24 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

2012 saw Barça take the Spanish Cup and chalk up some astonishing statistics – winning 49 of their 63 official games over the 12 months – a 78% win rate, with 9 draws (14%) and just 5 defeats (8%). The team scored 175 goals, averaging 2,7 a game and conceded 61 -0,95 a game. Both the number of wins and the goals scored are a Spanish League record for a calendar year.

2012’s top scorer was, of course, Leo Messi, who set a new world scoring record with a total of 91 goals. 79 for Barça and 12 for Argentina. Barça’s other goal scorers in 2012 were Xavi (11), Fàbregas (11), Alexis (10), Pedro (9), Tello (9), Villa (8), Iniesta (7), Adriano (6), Puyol (5), Busquets (3), Alves (3), Alba (3), Keita (3), Piqué (2), Abidal (1), Thiago (1), Song (1), Sergi Roberto (1) and just 1 own goal.

Vilanova’s team’s brilliant start

If we split 2012 into two parts – from January to July, covering the second part of the 2011-12 season and then from August to December when Tito Vilanova took charge – the new coach’s success becomes clear: during his time at the helm, Barça won 24 games, with just two draws and two defeats - an astonishing 86% win rate that coincided with the best ever start to a League programme – unbeaten with 16 wins and just one draw. Tito’s side scored 80 goals (2,85 a game) and conceded 29(1,03 a game), with Messi (35), Villa (8), Fàbregas (7) and Adriano (6), the main scorers.

Good stats for start of the year

Although they won just the one trophy, the figures from the second half of last season corresponding to the first half of 2012 were equally impressive, as Pep Guardiola led them to 25 wins, 7 draws and only 3 defeats from January to May, with 95 goals scored and only 32 conceded. Messi (44), Alexis (8) and Pedro (7) were the team’s main scorers during that period.

F

Flavia

Do you have general stats of assists? I mean stats which includes all players.

General stats how? I don't think I understood what you're looking for...

Liga, Champions, Spanish Cup and Supercup: 2012 statistics, listed by competitions

WWW.FCBARCELONA.COM

12/29/2012 14:00

Barça have scored 175 goals this year, broken down as follows: 121 in La Liga, 26 in the Champions League, 24 in the Copa del Rey and 4 in the Supercup

In Europe, the team’s average possession was 74.6%

wbozzo.jpg

*Where it reads saves is a bad translation from fcb official english site. It's passes(27691) on the spanish version.

F

Flavia

Lliga - Round 18
FC Barcelona 4 - 0 RCD Espanyol
Goals: Xavi, Pedro(x2), Messi(pk)
Assists: Iniesta, Messi, Busquets

Total Stats:

GOALS: 84

1. Messi 36
  2. Villa 8
  3. Fabregas 7
  4. Adriano 6