Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As of today these are the figures in all competitions:

ETO: 26 goals in La Liga + 3 in CL = 29

MESSI: 19 in La Liga + 8 CL + 5 in Copa = 32

maz

I walk the line
Its a really tough one. Eto'o has had many more chances than messi this season. Its amazing when u consider the number of chances he has missed (through his own fault as opposed to a great save/tackle) as well as the goals he has scored. I will flip a coin. Head messi, tails eto'o.

Its tails.

Eto'o.

Warik

I've always felt Eto'o lacks composure, he seems to snatch at shots alot and that is why he misses.

I will say Messi tbh, i'm hoping Messi beats Ronaldo's record last season.

maz

I walk the line
Eto'o used to have so much composure but he lost alot of it after his injury. I dont know whether its his sharpness or confidence..but he doesnt seem the same. However its impossible to say that a player that scored that CL final goal lacked composure at that stage in his career. That was one of the most composed goals you will ever see. It was raining, we were a goal down, almunia covered the angles..yet eto'o still lifted it over almunia's leg. For me thats my most memorable and favourite goal since rivaldo's overhead.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Messi, he is vital and is a cold blooded wolf. However don't underestimate the lion!

Pre-season i stated Eto'o will surpass 30 goals this season and he did so.

R10(FCB)

Crazy
who knows, who cares? it's important to win the titles, La Liga, Champions League and Copa del Rey...

p.s. i vote "They 'll end up level" :lol:

Evil

Shabazz
Messi = 8 goals in 8 CL matches.

Plus he has triple the amount of assists that Eto'o has, plus they're almost level on goals .. so my vote goes to Messi ..

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
Eto'o always misses sitters... But take him off at your own peril, he will ALWAYS ATONE - he makes goals out of nothing sometimes! He is a ballisitc stirker, ruthless...

Home of Barca Fans