Alexis Sanchez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I this this is a blessing in disguise for Man City.

Alexis is too much of a ball hog to play the way they're doing right now. Swift, seamless football with Sané and Sterling. Also not worth having him as a CF and getting rid of Aguero when the latter is the better striker.

They can now focus on getting the players they need instead.

BenRobbins

Dont think City would have offered him anything like those wages.

GDM (who has got everything right and first to report UTD involvement) and alot of others had said the reason City pulled out is the transfer fee, the package offered to the player was very similar and not alot in it.

JamDav1982

GDM (who has got everything right and first to report UTD involvement) and alot of others had said the reason City pulled out is the transfer fee, the package offered to the player was very similar and not alot in it.

There has been plenty reports that City pulled out over wages and cant see them giving Sanchez that much more than KDB new contract.

Couldnt see city paying him anywhere near 500k a week.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Agent fee too. His agent went back on his word and the deal they had agreed on.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Could easily afford his wages but dont think it makes sense for them to put him on far more money than likes of KDB.

Sense? They have unlimited budget. There is something repulsive watching Catalans trying to save a buck for someone who throws it from the window.

Devils

Is that salary confirmed?

If it is then surely he is one of the most overpaid players in the world. :lol:

His agent pulled off a masterclass with this one.

JamDav1982

Sense? They have unlimited budget. There is something repulsive watching Catalans trying to save a buck for someone who throws it from the window.

They are still trying to stay within FFP and are not wildly overspending.

What Guardiola said about it being negative for squad is correct. Likes of KDB would not appreciate being on so much less than a player he is better than.

Martindn

Is that salary confirmed?

If it is then surely he is one of the most overpaid players in the world. :lol:

His agent pulled off a masterclass with this one.

He is on wage parity with Pogba at £300k. City didn't want to pay the asking price of the agent and Di Marzio will have got it wrong with City too he said £13m net it will have been gross at £250k a week. United will pay more image rights, which City will have done too but those are never included in a players wage. So yeah he probably is technically earning more than £400k but his actual wage isn't that high. Two journalists associated with Mourinho came out last night and said this.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-henrikh-mkhitaryan-arsenal?CMP=share_btn_tw
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8167026.html

Last edited:

Sorin

lmao Arsenal taking a Manutd reject for Sanchez when they had the opportunity to sell him in the summer for what is reported to be in the 50-60 million range. He was shit too for this half a year. Arsenal taking L right, left and center.

Anyway, I wish nothing but failure for ManUtd with Sanchez. :)

Martindn

lmao Arsenal taking a Manutd reject for Sanchez when they had the opportunity to sell him in the summer for what is reported to be in the 50-60 million range. He was shit too for this half a year. Arsenal taking L right, left and center.

Anyway, I wish nothing but failure for ManUtd with Sanchez. :)

Mkhitaryan is a bottler of the highest order (so will fit in at Arsenal tbf) you get dropped for Lingard you have problems. But in the situation they was in its decent business for them, they need positions at the back more than Aubamayeng but its still money being spent. And Arsenal did agree to sell him in the summer but they couldn't get Lemar in time as a replacement so they said no, either he rejected them or didn't offer enough it isn't clear.

Would you have wished him well at City?

Barcilliant

I disliked Sanchez when he was with us..always falling over his feet, slipping and missing easy chances.

Now that hes moved to Utd I dislike him even more. I don't think hell be the savior everyone says he will be.

Utds problems start up top with their board and Mourinho.Even when Mourinho has good players he chains them up and guves them no opportunity to express themselves.

Home of Barca Fans