Alexis Sanchez

coqblock

The dribble stats are low because there is more concentration on keeping the shape of the defense in Spain whereas in England, the full backs bomb forward. Also, everything goes through Messi in Barca. He was doing great when Messi was out with injury.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Speaking to El Mercurio, Barcelona's international sporting director Ariedo Braida said: 'I'd like Sanchez at all my clubs.'

Asked why the club would sell Sanchez after scoring 19 goals in La Liga last season, Braida said: 'That I do not know. I was not at the club at that time and I can not put myself in that situation.

'I only started my position this month. I do not know what reasons the club had to let him go, but now Sanchez is one of the best in the Premier League and is at a top level in world football.

'Alexis Sanchez is a great player, one of the world's best in his position. I know him a lot, he has an exquisite technique.'

Braida revealed that he came close to bringing Sanchez to the San Siro during his time as sporting director at AC Milan.

He said: 'Alexis Sanchez could be one of my players and who knows may be in the future can be, you never know.

'Five years ago, when the Chilean played at Udinese and started to be a star we had conversations to bring him to Milan but we couldn't get it done.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

#ReturnOfTheJugadorozo

serghei

^I already like Braida. ;) Too bad he didn't come 1 year earlier. Maybe we would've been one Douglas and one Vermaelen short.

EdmondDantes

I would love him back here. His last season with us was very good and this year it was bound to improve even further, but that's gone now.

How serious was his injury yesterday? Arsenal need him fit.

DrPepper

I would love him back here. His last season with us was very good and this year it was bound to improve even further, but that's gone now.

How serious was his injury yesterday? Arsenal need him fit.

He would be a benchwarmer here, because Suarez/Neymar are better than him.

I like him a lot but he plays in a weaker league now. Every top class player who moves from Spain to England becomes God at some point. X. Alonso, Torres, Toure, Silva, Fabregas, Costa, Agüero, ...

Neeraj

Ozil and Sanchez could both play in pretty much any team.

Ozil? No way. He's one of those guys you can never count on. On his day, he can come up with some very good assists, but when he has a bad game, BOY does he have a bad game. He is shambolic, to say the least. Couple that with his pathetic work rate, and you have a real liability - unless he's having a good day. You cannot have players like that in your team if you are a top, top team. Nobody is on form all the time, but being at a consistent level for most of the season is key, and Ozil is just not the guy you can count on in that regard.

serghei

The price was good. Today he'd cost more, but back then it wasn't certain whether he'll become that good. Remember Ozil after promising 6 months basically flopped.

I'd say it was pretty certain. We sold him at least 15 m. too cheap. He should've left for around 60m euros. It's outrageous that Suarez cost (almost) double the sum Arsenal payed for Sanchez. The difference between them is marginal. The only difference is that Suarez is better as a CF, while Alexis is the better winger-midfielder. Quality-wise, there's not much between them. They're a match on workrate and dribbling, and I'd even say Alexis' finishing is better at the moment. Suarez is better at fighting off defenders, and that is why he is a great CF choice.

anguy

I'd say it was pretty certain. We sold him at least 15 m. too cheap. He should've left for around 60m euros. It's outrageous that Suarez cost (almost) double the sum Arsenal payed for Sanchez. The difference between them is marginal. The only difference is that Suarez is better as a CF, while Alexis is the better winger-midfielder. Quality-wise, there's not much between them. They're a match on workrate and dribbling, and I'd even say Alexis' finishing is better at the moment. Suarez is better at fighting off defenders, and that is why he is a great CF choice.

If Alexis was worth 60 mil why was there no such offer for him? In case of Fabregas he wanted to go only to London, so that lowered his price somewhat (United would have paid more), but In Alexis case there was no such problem. We should be lucky we sold him for 40 mil, no for 20 to Juventus (at was possible before WC).

Funny how the tables are turning for so-called "fans" now that ADM is picking up form and Alexis got burnt out by Wenger within 5 months.

Home of Barca Fans