Alexis Sanchez

JamDav1982

Because this is the worst all round Arsenal team I've seen in years. They haven't really been great to watch since Cesc left in all honesty but this is the most un-Arsenal team I've seen in a long time.

They struggle to sustain lengthy attacks, there's a distinct lack of 1 and 2 touch play & they don't move the ball or switch play quick enough. I think they'll improve massively once Ozil returns and Arteta comes back.

Ozil is a traditional playmaker that controls the game in the final third and while Arteta isn't great he's still several levels above Flamini.

I agree and think Arsenal still have a strong team when everyone is fit - if they play the way they did 10/15 years ago.

That team with Pires, Henry etc was deadly on the break with pace complimenting the class and touch of Bergkamp.

Ozil could be the Bergkamp with the pace of Wellbeck, Sanchez and Walcott in front of him.

But Arsene seems to want to play some version of Barca and dominate the ball too much without much plan.

Robbie

Our team would have been complete if Wenger just paid for Carvalho. I know he was overpriced at the time, but in this market you have to pay over the odds.

Football isn't a matter of individuals; it's about the team as a whole. When goals are conceded, you can look further ahead than the CBs and GK who let them through. More often than not, it's a mispass on the halfway line or the DM not giving enough protection to the back four. That's our biggest problem by far, and has been since we lost Gilberto 7 years ago. The whole squad falls apart like a house of cards.

serghei

Awful, just awful performance. Another atrocious performance in a "big game".

That's Alexis for Arsenal, great in small games like the ones vs City and Dortmund, but awful in the important ones. Btw, it wasn't an awful performance. He didn't have many good balls to use and even so he did obtain a dangerous free kick that put Arsenal level before half time. But yea, he was AWFUL. :facepalm:

xavi_the_Boss

That's Alexis for Arsenal, great in small games like the ones vs City and Dortmund, but awful in the important ones. Btw, it wasn't an awful performance. He didn't have many good balls to use and even so he did obtain a dangerous free kick that put Arsenal level before half time. But yea, he was AWFUL. :facepalm:

Hahah no he was pretty bad.Why does he take Corners at Arsenal?

Look at the amount of excuses made for Alexis yet everyone can't wait to get their daggers out for Cesc at the slightest mistake. Overrated player, glad we replaced him with Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans