Alexis Sanchez

JamDav1982

Only a bunch of idiots would say that. And obviously, there are some of them here on this forum.

I dont see any other reason for keeping Pedro than him being a youth product of theirs. And because of his performances some ~4 years ago.

Sanchez was better than decent. Not really amazing but he sure was better than decent. Our 2nd or 3rd best player last season and that says something. Apart from the stats, he kept improving in his general game aswell. Had a habit to score important golazos too.

Pedro is a youth product, wouldnt get as much money in transfer market and more likely to accept being a back up.

You are acting as if they are going to have Pedro playing in his position next season which is not the case.

Butaan4barca

:lol: ok. Barca are finally fixing the biggest tactical issue in the front line and people are against this...

what tactical issue ? selling more shirts ??

i understand the idea is to have a very capable, defenders night mare upfront (suarez) who would attract the attention off messi, making messi much more dangerous and free.

But selling such a valuable player who just had a wonderful worldcup for that low price ??

Last edited:
F

Flavia

heartbroken i am, dreadful transfer. worst transfer ever in the history of this club. Arsenal and liverpool both will be laughing on us a year or so from now.

and that too for some 27.5 m pounds plus around three is variables,

Real sold ozil for 40 odd, higuane was sold more than that.

what nonsense.

Calm down. 42m euros is what's being reported. And this is not the worst transfer ever by the club, not even close.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Calm down. 42m euros is what's being reported. And this is not the worst transfer ever by the club, not even close.

43 is what I've seen around. But I guess it ranges anywhere from 42-44; we'll know for sure when the clubs disclose the fee.

Butaan4barca

You clearly don't remember us selling Figo or Ronaldo do you? For all we know, Alexis could become a bust, and people like you will say "I knew it." Please hold your predictions and criticism until he plays a few seasons for Arsenal.

i do, but you are forgetting,

1. Ronaldo and figo both forced their way out.
2.even then, both were sold for record fees at those respective times.

Trickykid

Well I was one of the few sticking up for him back then when the majority were saying Tello should be in team ahead of him.

Seems like some of the ones complaining about how he was treated were the ones who were ripping him to bits back then.

Well, aren't you the footy hipster.
If you are referring to me, then please do go ahead and search his thread. I've never lambasted him, like so many others - quite the contrary actually.

F

Flavia

Only a bunch of idiots would say that. And obviously, there are some of them here on this forum.

I dont see any other reason for keeping Pedro than him being a youth product of theirs. And because of his performances some ~4 years ago.

Sanchez was better than decent. Not really amazing but he sure was better than decent. Our 2nd or 3rd best player last season and that says something. Apart from the stats, he kept improving in his general game aswell. Had a habit to score important golazos too.

Pedro is staying because he'll accept the bench. Alexis wouldn't.

footyfan

Calma, calma

i understand the idea is to have a very capable, defenders night mare upfront (suarez) who would attack the attention off messi, making messi much more dangerous and free.

But selling such a valuable player who just had a wonderful worldcup for that low price ??

How is 45 million euros a low price? And the idea is to have a striker, not just a player who can take attention away from Messi (Neymar). We can argue whether Suarez is the correct signing or not, but the idea of replacing Sanchez with a striker makes a lot of sense.

Pedro would fetch nowhere near that amount of money, and for the purposes of Barca's front line there is not as much of a difference between the two as their market values suggest. And I'm fairly certain Alexis doesn't want to sit on the bench, he has no special attachment to Barca.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

i understand the idea is to have a very capable, defenders night mare upfront (suarez) who would attack the attention off messi, making messi much more dangerous and free.

44M Euros is our second best sale after Luis Figo. And yes, having a wide striker to occupy the defenders is what we had from 2008-2011 in our most successful era. Sanchez doesn't do well in tight spaces and he still has trouble finishing regularly.

Home of Barca Fans