Alexis Sanchez

J

jtmx12

Did you watch the wall that was in front of the team? It was even hard for Messi to score, someone who does it for fun! You can't single out Alexis for the lack of goals... Our midfield was pretty bad, both Dani's and Jordi's crosses weren't accurate, Pedro was almost invisible, Villa came on and was totally ineffectual, and you somehow decide it was only Alexis' fault that we didn't score and therefore lost 3 points? Not to mention the immense work Celtic did to contain our attacks and the huge night by their keeper...

True. If you look at Valdes topic you will see my reply where I said we should sign Celtic's goalkeeper. He was pretty awesome (even when Messi scored it wasn't his fault...)

Their defense played an intense game. They kept running over and over, and they made Barca's passing look awful and inaccurate.

About Villa, isn't he the one who started the play where we scored? assisting Cesc when he had 2 guys on him and yet his pass was accurate? Other strikes would have just attempt to shoot it and fail bcz there were 2 many defenders. There was also one where he tried to score but Pique blocked it, not a defender. Just what I saw, am I wrong? xD

Like I said before, sorry for hating on Alexis, I know it wasn't his fault but he needs to score a freaking goal already! it's annoying to see him fail everything. Call it luck, but he still fails.

Last edited:

Me55i D105

Seriously, not only do I feel bad for Sanchez because of how much he runs and tries but I truly believe someone put a curse on him that makes him unable to score. He did something to anger the football gods and needs to make them happy again. If he would score goals and still keep his work rate he will become invaluable. I support him, but he has until the end of this season to show what he can do otherwise go elsewhere.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I thought he played particularly well. A little bad luck, but he had the most chances in the first half for us, which could of been goals. He is more keen to finishing now/taking a shot at goal, which is great it shows he is working on putting the ball in the back of the net. Some glimpses of great skill as well.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

He came as a great dribbler. I don´t see any of that. just passes to side and back...

raskolnikov

I might be with the minority tonight but he was fighting his heart out vs Celic in my opion, Alexis was unlucky but atleast he gave it his best shot.
Blame Tito for starting him against a parked bus, he isnt suited for that style.

MVBarcaFan

I might be with the minority tonight but he was fighting his heart out vs Celic in my opion, Alexis was unlucky but atleast he gave it his best shot.
Blame Tito for starting him against a parked bus, he isnt suited for that style.

I have to agree somewhat. Alexis worked hard and gave it his best shot; he still failed however. His time is ticking at Barca. If there's no magic this season, he's gonna be shipped out I'm afraid.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I actually liked Alexis' play for the most part last night although heading seems to be a problem in this squad

Pepe Silvia

Thought he was bad throughout... Broke up tiki taka several times and clogged up space that he wasn't sure how to fill.. He worked hard again so I give him that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I can't complain much when others didn't play either. If only he wasn't such a diver though. And he continues with it eventhough it's become evident noone is falling for it.

T

tariqo

just believe in yourself

what i can't understand is why he always think about passing the ball for messi in everytime ??

show us your dribbling ability & dont give a fuck about messi o any1 els ,, be selfish

X

xaviniesta

he had some of his tradmark move in first half. in general i enjoyed his performance. have anybody noticed that he has one heck of a great jump? that header over the celtic defender was muy bien.

J

jtmx12

Good Game so far. Gave an assist to Messi and could have done it again.

Home of Barca Fans