Alexis Sanchez

Kerrybai

Nah Alexis is shit cause of the pressure , we put so much pressure on these new signings that they are scared to try stuff out, how many tricks does alexis try compared when playing for chile and udinese , all because of our possession policy. Then comes the "try find messi" thing. Tito should tell him to have freedom on the pitch , our forwards should be equal in importance . I sometimes feel that if they had it their way ppl like alexis would shoot at parked buses but are scared cause they risk loosing possession.

I agree with you.Barca should end "last pass messi" thing and give a little bit more space and freedom to other strikers.

What's the 'try find Messi' thing you speak of?

Kerrybai

chilean-paper-la-cuatra-builds-up-alexis-sanchez-lionel-messi-neymar-as-the-three-musketeers.jpg

The 3 Musketeers :lol:

Indignado

This. Combination of skill+working rate+still young and developing+strength is not easy to find and if we add confidence...it will be asset to keep not to sell.

You're massively overrating him. Plus, confidence is not something "we can add", it comes from himself and seeing as Tito is probably not the best motivator we're gonna see a lot of ups and downs from Alexis if we keep him.

Andrew M

You're massively overrating him. Plus, confidence is not something "we can add", it comes from himself and seeing as Tito is probably not the best motivator we're gonna see a lot of ups and downs from Alexis if we keep him.

That is not necessarily true. Management can do things to cultivate his confidence. Relationship between player and coach can be instrumental in player confidence.

Neal Faradinho

That's a good point you've made regarding Alexis not expressing himself, like he does for his country and used to for Udinese.

At Barca there is an emphasis for our players to keep possession and work past opponents using give-and-goes and overlapping runs. I agree with you that our flair players, such as Alexis and Neymar SHOULD be allowed to take risks (in the final third), otherwise what's the point of buying players like this?

One of our biggest problems this season is, we haven't been as adventurous around the box. If one of our players finds himself in space 22 yards from goal with a clear sight at goal, have a shot. So what if it's blocked or saved! You could maybe get a lucky deflection or it could lead to a corner. Don't always look to find Messi.

Our average Shots per Game for our other forwards is only around 1.5. This should be up around 2.0 SpG for a Wing-Forward. I don't know if this is how they are instructed to play by mgmt., or if they have an inferiority complex compared to Messi. But they have to start taken more responsibility, try a trick and beat their man, and be a little more selfish, in front of goal.

Tello?

Paganinisrvnge

I've been a heavy critic of both Alexis and Neymar but if Alexis can play at the level he's played at the end of the season and Neymar can play to even 60% of the potential some people say he can play at while Messi stays healthy; we could have the next great attacking trident plus Tello and Deulofeu off the bench. :worthy:

Kerrybai

That's a good point you've made regarding Alexis not expressing himself, like he does for his country and used to for Udinese.

At Barca there is an emphasis for our players to keep possession and work past opponents using give-and-goes and overlapping runs. I agree with you that our flair players, such as Alexis and Neymar SHOULD be allowed to take risks (in the final third), otherwise what's the point of buying players like this?

One of our biggest problems this season is, we haven't been as adventurous around the box. If one of our players finds himself in space 22 yards from goal with a clear sight at goal, have a shot. So what if it's blocked or saved! You could maybe get a lucky deflection or it could lead to a corner. Don't always look to find Messi.

Our average Shots per Game for our other forwards is only around 1.5. This should be up around 2.0 SpG for a Wing-Forward. I don't know if this is how they are instructed to play by mgmt., or if they have an inferiority complex compared to Messi. But they have to start taken more responsibility, try a trick and beat their man, and be a little more selfish, in front of goal.

Meanwhile Tello runs at defenders and isn't afraid to go by himself or take a shot. Granted his SPG stat's are low but he's clearly a confident player who believes in his ability. Is he been given a freer role than Sanchez/Pedro. Are Sanchez and Pedro looking toothless because they are defending too much? Then what does that say about Tello's defensive contribution?

Sanchez is certainly suffering tactically but I think his lack of penetrating play and poor directness is as much to do with his own lack of confidence/lack of talent as a traditional winger as it is to do with tactics from management.

Birdy

Pedro starts ahead of Alexis next season. And it will remain so unless alexis lifts his performance significantly.. Lets assume they offer the same defensively(which is not so, as Pedro never stops running), offensively there is a huge gap between pedro and alexis. Pedro can finish, shoot, even when off-form..

The trident will be Pedro-Messi-Neymar for 13-14 with Alexis sub for Pedro and Tello sub for Neymar. Villa is gone..

ceefoo

Meanwhile Tello runs at defenders and isn't afraid to go by himself or take a shot. Granted his SPG stat's are low but he's clearly a confident player who believes in his ability. Is he been given a freer role than Sanchez/Pedro. Are Sanchez and Pedro looking toothless because they are defending too much? Then what does that say about Tello's defensive contribution?
I actually was going to mention that Tello is the only one who has that selfish streak and has the confidence to take on his man. But seeing as he is still a newbie, I didn't include him in amongst the wingers who don't shoot enough.

That's one of the qualities I like most about Tello. That he doesn't feel intimidated by Messi&Co.

Now that you've dug me out, now I wish I had. :bash:

El Guaje

Pedro starts ahead of Alexis next season. And it will remain so unless alexis lifts his performance significantly.. Lets assume they offer the same defensively(which is not so, as Pedro never stops running), offensively there is a huge gap between pedro and alexis. Pedro can finish, shoot, even when off-form..

The trident will be Pedro-Messi-Neymar for 13-14 with Alexis sub for Pedro and Tello sub for Neymar. Villa is gone..

As wrong as it can get.

1) They are on par when it comes to defensive duties.

2) Yeah, you are right, the offensive gap is huge, huge, huuuge between them. It is so huge that Alexis has scored and assisted more than Pedro since he came while playing like 1000 minutes less.

3) Yeah, we can see how well he shoots and finishes now when off-form on the amount of goals he has scored :facepalm:

4) Pedro will start no matter what happens. He is to Tito what Keita was to Pep.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
As wrong as it can get.

1) They are on par when it comes to defensive duties.

2) Yeah, you are right, the offensive gap is huge, huge, huuuge between them. It is so huge that Alexis has scored and assisted more than Pedro since he came while playing like 1000 minutes less.

3) Yeah, we can see how well he shoots and finishes now when off-form on the amount of goals he has scored :facepalm:

4) Pedro will start no matter what happens. He is to Tito what Keita was to Pep.

Alexis is better than Pedro at defensive duties, yes Pedro has the same work ethic but how often do you see Sanchez actually winning the ball back? A lot more consistently than Pedro that's for damn sure.

Demon17

Maestro
Alexis is better than Pedro at defensive duties, yes Pedro has the same work ethic but how often do you see Sanchez actually winning the ball back? A lot more consistently than Pedro that's for damn sure.

We could play him as a LB instead of Jordi Alba :lol:

PaCmAn

I admit I was a Sanchez hater, but I'm starting to warm to him, he's been looking good the last few games, hope he can keep this up next season. I think he, Neymar and Messi will be the best front 3 for Barça next season.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I admit I was a Sanchez hater, but I'm starting to warm to him, he's been looking good the last few games, hope he can keep this up next season. I think he, Neymar and Messi will be the best front 3 for Barça next season.

He's been looking good in the games where there are not much pressure. It doesn't say much really as long as he becomes useless or invisible once the time gets tough again. I don't expect him to be that much different next year (if he stays) unless he works on his psychological issue.

Home of Barca Fans