Alexis Sanchez

Catalan Fan

I've had mixed feelings regarding Alexis but it's becoming patently obvious he's not the player he was.Every time he plays am rooting for him to do well, regain a bit of confidence and show his old form, but it's just not happening.

Am guessing the management have eventually lost patience with him too now, after he was subbed at half time for Tello.

I think they're right.

He's had more than enough chances to impress but virtually every game he comes up short.I don't doubt his commitment or workrate, rather his composure and decision making, both of which leave a lot to be desired.

He's not worthy of a starting place at the moment, I personally wouldn't have him on the bench either, especially with big games coming up.... seems like we're playing with 10 men when he plays, not 11.

Tello for me, all day long.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
I've had mixed feelings regarding Alexis but it's becoming patently obvious he's not the player he was.Every time he plays am rooting for him to do well, regain a bit of confidence and show his old form, but it's just not happening.

Am guessing the management have eventually lost patience with him too now, after he was subbed at half time for Tello.

I think they're right.

He's had more than enough chances to impress but virtually every game he comes up short.I don't doubt his commitment or workrate, rather his composure and decision making, both of which leave a lot to be desired.

He's not worthy of a starting place at the moment, I personally wouldn't have him on the bench either, especially with big games coming up.... seems like we're playing with 10 men when he plays, not 11.

Tello for me, all day long.

+1

oz187

The reason we looked better in the second half was because Villa played as striker with Dani and Tello as wingers hugging the touchline. This in turn created more space for Messi. Alexis got the ball wide in the first half, but there was nobody to cross it to, so he was indecisive and then had to pass it back to Dani.

barcanuck

His passing is so awful I can't even describe it, it's like he always puts a hopeful pass into the general direction of one of the attackers without any room. Cannot be first sub anymore, if our coach doesn't realize this we are doomed. Can be a great 3rd sub 80th min that's all I can bare.

Cule4life

The Culest
Whats wrong with our mngt that they keep selecting Alexis over Tello? Even the commentators were wondering why didn't Tello play from the start given how many chances Alexis has been given to prove himself while Tello rots on the bench. The only plausible reason for me is that they are trying to justify his price tag which can lead to Tello losing motivation as he cant get into the team however bad Alexis plays

Stric

I wish we have kept Cuenca.

Why? Sending Cuenca to Ajax was the perfect decision. If I'm not mistaken, he's only on loan until the end of the season, which is brilliant. He's been recovering from an injury for a while, and he needs a team where he can get enough minutes to get back into top form. He couldn't compete with Pedro, Villa, Sanchez, Tello and Iniesta for a winger's spot this season, considering he hasn't played in months. This way he'll get back into form and return to Barca with perfect timing.

Home of Barca Fans