Transfers and Rumours - old thread

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Or they got so much burnt last year by what happened with injuries in their defense that they want lots of backup options.

That may be true. I'm just saying for the player himself, Manchester Utd is probably the more attractive option since he would probably start there.

Bertus

News from AS about Di Maria:

• - Ancelotti wants to keep him at all cost even if it means to not recruit a CF.
  • - AS notes that Ancelotti is all alone in this fight.
  • - AS says RM wants the 75M from the transfer.
  • - No explanation about how 60M became 75M in a matter of days
  • - No explanation about how PSG could pay that because of the FFP
  • - AS says Di Maria should be back on August 5 but doesn't want to come back to Madrid.

Now Marca:

• - Even better than AS, 60M became 80M now according to Marca.
  • - Marca says PSG will sell Cavani to MU.
  • - Cavani to MU and Di Maria to PSG are done deals according to Marca.
  • - Di Maria is ready to arrive in Paris to sign his contract.

Dave Saves

Jay Rodriguez and Morgan Schneiderlin about to join Tottenham. Can't even imagine what it would feel like to be a Saints fan right now. These are the starters from last season they have now lost:
Lambert
Lallana
Shaw
Lovren
Rodriguez
Schneiderlin

They have also lost highly rated Calum Chambers and the biggest loss of them all was their manager, ex-Espanyol coach, Mauricio Pochettino.

Feck, have never seen the dismantling of a club's squad like this. Let's see who they bring in to replace all these.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Glad that they're not smart enough to buy back Pogba. Plus, that would force me to watch every Man Utd game :puke: .

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
BtpEL_EIEAAc1ku.jpg

Poor Southampton.

Meanwhile, let's jump on the Southampton raid train and buy Jose Fonte (heard he had a good season).

I'm joking.

Bertus

Kind of scary how they are selling so many of their players.

That said i won't cry for them since it's a choice. The board probably wants to squeeze as much money as they can.

Therefore no need to cry for them. That said i wonder how their fans feel about it.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Kind of scary how they a(re seeling many of their players.

That said i won't cry for them since it's a choice. The board probably want to squeeze as much money as they can.

Therefore no need to cry for them. That said i wonder how their fans feel about it.

I feel sorry for their fans and the club. At least the board is getting really good money for their players. Let's see who they bring in for replacements.

Home of Barca Fans