Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Trickykid

Why the smirk ?

Harry has even referred to it today in a press conference .

Honestly? Why on earth would we be looking at him? We're absolutely stacked in the midfielder/winger area, and Taarabt is nowhere near aa good as the options we already have available.

Cristofol

Honestly? Why on earth would we be looking at him? We're absolutely stacked in the midfielder/winger area, and Taarabt is nowhere near aa good as the options we already have available.

Talking up EPL players is customary, linking them with big clubs in Europe every transfer window is the British way of competing with the Messi's and Ronaldo's of La Liga

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Why the smirk ?

Harry has even referred to it today in a press conference .

Smirking is probably because it's a bid to up the player's reputation (and possible transfer value or contract renewal value). It doesn't strike me as particularly realistic because Harry mentioned it - for the reasons above and because that particular manager is not exactly a bastion of truthfulness.

Also in the silly rumor section is the discussion of Villa going to Arsenal on loan, as mentioned during halftime of the Wigan-Arsenal game today on ESPN.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Would love to see Villa at Arsenal, just because I'm a selfish git and would be able to see him play live week in week out :lol:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge is due to have a medical at Liverpool today ahead of a £12m move.

Although he didnt play much anyway, i guess chelsea will sign a forward as theyll have no backup.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Rumours are that FC Barcelona is looking to swap David Villa and Alexis with Fernando Torres and Roque Santa Cruz, according to [ME1]

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Villa already spent his prime years at Spain's version of Arsenal, Valencia. There's no reason for him to take such a massive step down in his career when Chelsea or Juventus would kill for him (unlike some ungrateful Catalan club, cough cough)

Rumours are that FC Barcelona is looking to swap David Villa and Alexis with Fernando Torres and Roque Santa Cruz, according to [ME1]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Can't see why the deal wouldn't go through. Villa is past his prime and Alexis is obviously failing here.

Both Roque Santa Cruz and Torres would be more than formidable players to fit us outright!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Santa Cruz is certainly the game breaker Barca needs. He scores more goals than Alexis after all.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Santa Cruz is certainly the game breaker Barca needs. He scores more goals than Alexis after all.

Both him and Torres have been on fire lately, and I wouldn't mind us parting ways with the two spoken of above as they take quite a lot in wages while are scoring zilch.

zanela

Both him and Torres have been on fire lately, and I wouldn't mind us parting ways with the two spoken of above as they take quite a lot in wages while are scoring zilch.

I'm not convinced Torres is the answer. Not only is he on extravagant wages (£9m annual), he's less versatile than both Villa and Alexis. Add to that, he's mentally weak, and need everything structured around him to thrive. At Barca, he'll be just another player, and without any special treatment, I'd be skeptical about a player who's well documented for poor behaviour and lack of team ethics. And i don't think he really is that much of an upgrade on Villa atm. Besides, where do you play him? WF?

Home of Barca Fans