Transfers and Rumours - old thread

spark

My mistake; i'm not as au fait with Barca back-ups as i would like.
i just felt that top rank keepers cost a lot of money, AND the likes on Bayern/Manu/Spurs would not let Neuer/De Gea/lloris go at any price.
Courtois is to replace Cech, so he wont be available, and most of the other keepers mentioned are also highly valued by their teams

Good keepers arehard to come by

Is there no-one coming through on Barca's books that comes anywhere near?

By the way, doesnt Oier play for Barca 'B'; how does that make him 'not even good enough for barca B'?

Hes just not very good. For the same reason Madrid went out and bought Lopez instead of playing Adan, it is very unlikely we would survive with Oier as a long term replacement.

JamDav1982

The above is how the conversation went. Someone said the top teams have top keepers, i pointed out that having Spains third best keeper has not done us that bad. Valdes is a good keeper, but he's not a top keeper.
Nothing that i posted was anything less than the truth of the matter, if you cant see that, then...

Carry on. Valdes is clearly a top goalkeeper and perfect for Barcelona.

0n0mat0p0eia

Hes just not very good. For the same reason Madrid went out and bought Lopez instead of playing Adan, it is very unlikely we would survive with Oier as a long term replacement.

Fair enough; i just thought that we might have a gem available to promote, Banuz and Ondoa being too young yet.

A replacement for VV will cost the better part of 20mil

Indignado

Fair enough; i just thought that we might have a gem available to promote, Banuz and Ondoa being too young yet.

A replacement for VV will cost the better part of 20mil

I still hope we're getting De Gea, but I don't think United will let him go, even though I heard rumours of them buying Begovic.

0n0mat0p0eia

I still hope we're getting De Gea, but I don't think United will let him go, even though I heard rumours of them buying Begovic.

I did hear that Indignado; apparently De Gea wasnt physically robust enough for the EPL. If they bought Begovic and we got De Gea, HE WOULD be massive for us.

I did hear that Indignado; apparently De Gea wasnt physically robust enough for the EPL. If they bought Begovic and we got De Gea, HE WOULD be massive for us.

De Gea isn't good at defending set pieces though, from what I've heard. If we get him, I hope the CB we get makes up for that.

0n0mat0p0eia

De Gea isn't good at defending set pieces though, from what I've heard. If we get him, I hope the CB we get makes up for that.

True, Darth, but he will not face the same aerial barrage in la Liga that he does in EPL.

He's come into his own recently and been playing v well for ManUre, but STILL his physique is questioned; which is why Begovic has been touted as being looked at by them.

De Gea speaks spanish, he is a great shot-stopper with all of his body, hes quick, agile and athletic...just what Barca need.

True, Darth, but he will not face the same aerial barrage in la Liga that he does in EPL.

He's come into his own recently and been playing v well for ManUre, but STILL his physique is questioned; which is why Begovic has been touted as being looked at by them.

De Gea speaks spanish, he is a great shot-stopper with all of his body, hes quick, agile and athletic...just what Barca need.

True. And the CB we get could make up for his weakness against set-pieces.

khaled_a_d

Carry on. Valdes is clearly a top goalkeeper and perfect for Barcelona.

Most non-barca fans will disagree ,and many barca fans also would disagree with that statement ,So I don't get how you can use the word "clearly" in such a situation
VV being good enough for barca is one of the biggest debates related to FCB ,I respect your opinion that he is a top GK ,but others aren't fools if they don't agree with such a debatable statement

I doubt SAF would repeat the mistake of letting Pique leaving early again ,he won't sell De Gea next summer

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Ligue 1 is basically full of talent. If I was the president, I would hire an entire scout department to work just in France. And let's remember where Real Madrid bought Varane from. I just hope I will not be right about this. World class CB must be a priority, not a way to save some money for the huge Neymar deal.

That is true,Marquez/Giuly/Toure/Abidal
all were gr8 bargains

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I find it funny how you guys are continuing to complain about Valdes even though he's saved our asses several times in these past few months :lol:

Honestly I think it's Guaita who's coming or ter Stegen if the management make a HUGE push for him. De Gea has become too good in the eyes of the club and the media these past few months for SAF to want to let him go. He wouldn't re-make the mistake of letting his younger prospects go to different clubs where they end up being amazing. It's a shame though, as De Gea is a great fit.

CB wise: Anyone who actually watches Hummels play would know that he's a more withdrawn, sweeper type of CB like Pique. A pairing of 2 of those types of CB's is horrible for a team as we do have the necessity for the more up front, rugged, aggressive type of defender who runs up to head away/intercept a pass that is coming through. That's why Pique+Puyol works, that's why Pique+Ramos works. That's half of the reason that I want Marquinhos (the other being that I want our own version of Varane :lol:). Honestly the serious interest in a defender is a really good sign for the club, whoever it may be. We probably won't end up signing Abdennour but at least we've started showing serious interest and scouting around the world for a capable, worthy CB. The necessity of good CB and GK transfers could end up convincing the board that we shouldn't go around looking for a star attacking player and that more of the budget should be used in filling areas of the squad to get real depth.

Home of Barca Fans