Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Y

Youngie

Instead of trolling suggest which midget defenders would be best for Barca who can defend corners and score headers?

Pique and Busquets are TALL players. That's not the problem. The problem (IMO) is the terrible/non-existent marking.

mixer

Someone posted some stats recently and it said we have conceded only one goal from a header.

0n0mat0p0eia

Youngie;968125)...And I also don't see this fascination with Hummels. He seems average to me.[/QUOTE said:
I'd go for Hummels AND Subotic of Borussia Dortmund. Both 24 years old; Hummels can pass the ball so well; Hummels 6'3", Subotic 6'4".
They have won the german championship with Dortmund the last 2 seasons and have a very good defensive record. This is no coincidence.

We could promote someone like Oier to the Barca team to replace Valdes and Hummels, Subotic and Pique would be our defence for years to come.

Indignado

I'd go for Hummels AND Subotic of Borussia Dortmund. Both 24 years old; Hummels can pass the ball so well; Hummels 6'3", Subotic 6'4".
They have won the german championship with Dortmund the last 2 seasons and have a very good defensive record. This is no coincidence.

We could promote someone like Oier to the Barca team to replace Valdes and Hummels, Subotic and Pique would be our defence for years to come.

Promote Oier? Are you insane? :lol:

Besides, I think Hummels is one of the best defenders in the world, and while Subotic is good, he's not as good as Hummels or Piqué. Better get a great GK and give our young CB's playing time as we have some talented players there.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Someone posted some stats recently and it said we have conceded only one goal from a header.

Which is interesting considering that I can think of 4 on the spot... 2 from Varane and 1 from Ramos and Samaras goal in the CL.

0n0mat0p0eia

Promote Oier? Are you insane? :lol:

Besides, I think Hummels is one of the best defenders in the world, and while Subotic is good, he's not as good as Hummels or Piqué. Better get a great GK and give our young CB's playing time as we have some talented players there.

My argument about a GK is that when you play for the best team in the world which generally has 70-80% of the possession of the ball, then paying a lot of money for a GK would seem to be a waste of money.

To get both hummels and subotic would spend all of our transfer money this year.

Next year we should spend all of the money on a CF like Cavani.

By the way, 'i dont think Oier is good enough' might be a better comment then 'are you insane?'...Or are you too ignorant to realise that?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

My argument about a GK is that when you play for the best team in the world which generally has 70-80% of the possession of the ball, then paying a lot of money for a GK would seem to be a waste of money.

You wont get Hummels, his team wont sell him.

All the top teams need top keepers as having little to do all game is one of the hardest things to cope with when you are called upon.

spark

Oier is not even good enough for Barca B. Why should such a mediocre player be rewarded with being the number 1 at Barcelona? (Dont mention Oleguer).

0n0mat0p0eia

Oier is not even good enough for Barca B. Why should such a mediocre player be rewarded with being the number 1 at Barcelona? (Dont mention Oleguer).

My mistake; i'm not as au fait with Barca back-ups as i would like.
i just felt that top rank keepers cost a lot of money, AND the likes on Bayern/Manu/Spurs would not let Neuer/De Gea/lloris go at any price.
Courtois is to replace Cech, so he wont be available, and most of the other keepers mentioned are also highly valued by their teams

Good keepers arehard to come by

Is there no-one coming through on Barca's books that comes anywhere near?

By the way, doesnt Oier play for Barca 'B'; how does that make him 'not even good enough for barca B'?

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

All the top teams need top keepers as having little to do all game is one of the hardest things to cope with when you are called upon.

How many Spanish caps does VV have?
Barca have done well enough having the THIRD best Spanish keeper in the league.

Valdes is a quality goalkeeper and perfect for Barcelona. If you cant see that then more fool you.

The above is how the conversation went. Someone said the top teams have top keepers, i pointed out that having Spains third best keeper has not done us that bad. Valdes is a good keeper, but he's not a top keeper.
Nothing that i posted was anything less than the truth of the matter, if you cant see that, then...

Home of Barca Fans