Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Meitux

As long as it's not Vermaelen, I'm fine with either of those names. But Vermaelen would mean Zubi is truly nuts.
Im pretty sure if it doesn't end well with others he will bring Vermaelen just to say that ''There you go,we signed a CB''.

ceefoo

Im pretty sure if it doesn't end well with others he will bring Vermaelen just to say that ''There you go,we signed a CB''.
I'd rather get some up-and-coming CB with potential like Doria, than Vermaelen.

The dude can't even get into Arsenals defence. I think that tells you all you need to know. :facepalm1:

Meitux

I'd rather get some up-and-coming CB with potential like Doria, than Vermaelen.

The dude can't even get into Arsenals defence. I think that tells you all you need to know. :facepalm1:
Yeah,not to mention that he is an injury prone player and that is one of the reasons that make him inconsistent.But generally i never thought he was a good defender.

B

beautifulgame

Wtf is this fixation with having to sign an EPL player every summer?

Why not go look in France/Portugal or Eastern Europe?

Meitux

EPL is the most marketed league in the world, and readily available on the TV. This is crucial for teams without scouts like Barca.
You know thats the point,that Barcelona's scouts don't dig to find some talents.Instead they always look the big names who most of them are unavailable...

B

beautifulgame

Wool being pulled over our eyes ala arsenal board

Don't think it is matter of incompetent scouting but rather a deeper game being played here

L

Learo

You know thats the point,that Barcelona's scouts don't dig to find some talents.Instead they always look the big names who most of them are unavailable...

Big names, highly marketed players, big price tag and their best years behind them. Thats how we roll in the market. We can only guess why we stopped buying players from the French league. The last guys we bought from the French league were Yaya for 10m, Marquez for 5m and Giuly for 7m. That was 6 years ago, and we have ignored the league ever since, instead focusing on the massively overpriced English league and letting other clubs pick bargains in France. Madrid snap up Varane for 10m, Sevilla gets Kondogbia for 4m etc etc.

I think some corruption or embezzlement is involved in some of our transfers. The ineptitude is just too big to ignore that possibility.

desoe

I don't think we even have scouts. When was the last time we bought a player after being watched by a scout department? Someone like Marquinhos? I don't think Keirrison and Henrique count here, before it always had the smell of some dirty business with the Traffic Agency.

barca1899

Besides man candidate David Luiz and first alternative Agger, Porto centre back Eliaquim Mangala (22) is also a centre back option. [el9]

Let it be true, please sign Mangala :yes:

Last edited:

desoe

How I said before - I think we'll see the end of the world first, before Rosell buys a player from Porto. On the other hand, Laporta would just write the check :lol:

Chainsaw

Killahead
Besides man candidate David Luiz and first alternative Agger, Porto centre back Eliaquim Mangala (22) is also a centre back option. [el9]

Let it be true, please sign Mangala :yes:

Dealing with the Porto president ain't easy either. The guy is a pain in the ass.

Home of Barca Fans