Transfers and Rumours - old thread

desoe

Vermaelen got injured AGAIN for 3 months. Not weeks, MONTHS. How the hell EMD even mention him as an option?

mittchan82

I prefer the club staying silent. I'm sure the club isn't as clueless as we think they are not to sign a CB or two this transfer window. With the silence we are not advertising our intention and it may make it easier for us to sign the players we are targeting. Let's not forget that P$G signed Marquinhos after we showed interest in him. Let the the other teams find out who we wanted after we sign those players.

LaPulga

I prefer the club staying silent. I'm sure the club isn't as clueless as we think they are not to sign a CB or two this transfer window. With the silence we are not advertising our intention and it may make it easier for us to sign the players we are targeting. Let's not forget that P$G signed Marquinhos after we showed interest in him. Let the the other teams find out who we wanted after we sign those players.

Yes, we have been very smart in our already 4-year long hunt for a CB.

Damn, I don't get this board... Is it really so hard to get ourselves a decent CB ?

L

Learo

So we only go for impossible targets? :pep:

Judging from our "list of options", what the players all have in common are that they have to play for some English rich clubs that dont need or want to sell. It makes sense that we would be after Kompany then. Probably Evans and some other Man U or Tottenham CBs as well.

Meitux

Judging from our "list of options", what the players all have in common are that they have to play for some English rich clubs that dont need or want to sell. It makes sense that we would be after Kompany then. Probably Evans and some other Man U or Tottenham CBs as well.
Agger is not hard to be sold, from the other hand if David Luiz is about to be sold Chelsea will ask for many money,a price that propably he isn't worthy of.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead
The club should stop fooling around. It's really getting ridiculous. Either go full force for a top target or just don't go there at all! Get someone who is affordable and fits into the team. And do it soon. Time is running away!

Zincubus

Banned
S
The club should stop fooling around. It's really getting ridiculous. Either go full force for a top target or just don't go there at all! Get someone who is affordable and fits into the team. And do it soon. Time is running away!

There was an old experienced CB on TalkSport radio last night ( think it was Steve Bruce but not certain ) anyways he said that David Luiz has the potential to be THE best CB in the world for years to come and he just needs a bit of fine tuning .

P

PhilS

Vermaelen is injured (out 2/3 months as far as i know).

Two or three months would not be the end of the world, maybe his current status would make him more available. The depth will be needed in the second half of the season.

It's not yet clear if Bartra will get good enough to be a Barca regular. Last year, Adriano was a better CB than Bartra.

Some other potential squad players just are not good enough. Dos Santos needs to go to a lessor team. One of the big reasons why the team needs a CB is so that Masch can play DM instead of Song. As it stands now, if Busquets goes down, the team is in real trouble. Puyol and Adriano will be fine depth when they are able to play. Montoya, Sergi Roberto and Tello will help the team this year, and they all have the potential to be future regulars. Cesc, Pedro and Pinto are all Barca starter-level.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
S

There was an old experienced CB on TalkSport radio last night ( think it was Steve Bruce but not certain ) anyways he said that David Luiz has the potential to be THE best CB in the world for years to come and he just needs a bit of fine tuning .

Was he also David Luiz agent? :VdB:

F

Flavia

As long as it's not Vermaelen, I'm fine with either of those names. But Vermaelen would mean Zubi is truly nuts.

Home of Barca Fans