Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Marquinhos? wouldn't be an improvement. Hummels is VERY overrated, its subotic who maks him look good and Subotic will not fit in our team, the best and cheapest option is torino's ogbonna, incredibly underrated.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Chelsea are stepping up their efforts to sign a top-quality striker next month, with a key representative understood to have flown to Madrid this week to hold further talks over acquiring either Radamel Falcao or Gonzalo Higuaín in the January transfer window.

dunno how true, but its no secret they want Falcao.

M

Malappapper

Chelsea are stepping up their efforts to sign a top-quality striker next month, with a key representative understood to have flown to Madrid this week to hold further talks over acquiring either Radamel Falcao or Gonzalo Higuaín in the January transfer window.

dunno how true, but its no secret they want Falcao.

Falcao surely prefers Real Madrid to Chelsea.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Sport says that Falcao has already told his teammates at Atletico that he will be playing for Real Madrid next season:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bbva/falcao-dicho-sus-companeros-que-madrid-2268465

If that's true I'm looking forward for when he gets shanked in the locker room, because that would be the biggest douche move ever.

Of course it's funny that not even the Madrid tabloids are reporting this story. Barca must know their biggest rival this year is Atletico, so they are directing their slander there!

M

Malappapper

If that's true I'm looking forward for when he gets shanked in the locker room, because that would be the biggest douche move ever.

Of course it's funny that not even the Madrid tabloids are reporting this story. Barca must know their biggest rival this year is Atletico, so they are directing their slander there!

Maybe it's a false story, but do you really believe that Atletico are our biggest rivals?

And why would it be a douche move by Falcao? Higuain will have to go, and Benz will be 2nd choice vis a vis Falcao. Simple as.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-prepare-75m-bid-for-river-1479510

So both Argentine and English sources are now claiming Spurs are going to bid £7.5m on River Plate's 28 year old Uruguayan winger Carlos Sanchez. That would be incredibly stupid of them and River is going to take that money and run.

I like Sanchez a lot. He's a very good player...by Argentine primera standards. Even then, he's not dominant. He's not that fast in Argentina, let alone by EPL standards. He's also a poor crosser. Not to say he would be a lost cause - he is tough, can play on either side or the middle, does a bit of everything and is an above average shooter and short passer. But he's 28 and never played outside Uruguay and Argentina. Reminds me a lot of when Fiorentina experimented with Santiago Silva (for under a million Euros), Silva is great in Argentina but was completely out of his depth in Europe, and Silva actually had European experience before.

But if Spurs and the best coach of all time want to throw £7.5m at a gamble...more power to them. Ridiculous how much money EPL clubs throw around nowadays.

khaled_a_d

When it comes to defending Serie A is the top, that´s for sure.

Marquinhos? wouldn't be an improvement. Hummels is VERY overrated, its subotic who maks him look good and Subotic will not fit in our team, the best and cheapest option is torino's ogbonna, incredibly underrated.

Meh,I don't really like the Seria A defenders anymore ,they are still getting the hype based on the good old days ,but it is still more of their philosophy than the quality of the defenders that makes the defenders in the league looking good right now
I haven't watched ogbonna ,but Honestly Seria A defenders usually struggles in Liga ,Samuel,Cannavaro,Zambrotta/Thuram etc ,non of them showed the same level they played in Seria A in Spain

And Hummels has been carrying the German defense w/o Subotic ,that said I do really like Subotic ,and think he can fit well here actually

Apparently Barcelona is interested in Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), scouts of Barça were present on the stands of the BvB stadium during a couple of matches last weeks. As long as Barça isn't paying more than 25 million euros for him I'm statisfied! Further, I would love for Neymar to come next summer! But I'm afraid it's gonna be 2014 before we can see him in Camp Nou... He wants to play the WC in Brasil as a player of Santos just like Pelé did...
If this is the case ,I think he will save us a lot of money when he moves ,I think his contract ends in 2014 ,right?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Matias Vecino, Uruguayan enganche for Nacional announced his move to Fiorentina in either January or June depending on when he gets his passport. He's a skilled attacking midfielder comparable to another Uruguayan prospect in Gaston Ramirez and was previously linked with Espanyol, Torino, Napoli and Liverpool, among others.

On the subject of Nacional alumni, Coates is (deservedly) unhappy at Liverpool. He is rumored to be linked with River Plate on a loan deal, though I think it's more likely Liverpool sell him outright within Europe.

Trickykid

#barcastuff
Hummels (Dortmund): "Barça rumour? I read about it in the paper. My dad asked me about it and I told him: You should know, you're my agent!"
"Barçelona are in my eyes the best team in the world, so it's an honour for me to be on their list." [rtl]

RTL is a German commercial television station, but other than that, I have no idea about the credibility of those quotes.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
#barcastuff
Hummels (Dortmund): "Barça rumour? I read about it in the paper. My dad asked me about it and I told him: You should know, you're my agent!"
"Barçelona are in my eyes the best team in the world, so it's an honour for me to be on their list." [rtl]

RTL is a German commercial television station, but other than that, I have no idea about the credibility of those quotes.

Just a bit offtopic, but isn't RTL from Luxemburg? At least that's what they've told me when I was little, since we have like 4 RTL channels here. Radio Television Luxembourg.

Home of Barca Fans