Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

Mundo and Sport have linked Guaita, De Gea, Stekelenburg, Neuer and Ter Stegen with Barça already. All the good gk's around :p

AvocadoCake

Goalkeepers Barcelona are keeping an eye on: De Gea (Man United), Stekelenburg (Roma), Neuer (Bayern Munich), Guaita (Valencia), Ter Stegen (Borussia Monchengladbach), Adler (Hamburg), Leno (Bayer Leverkusen) [md]

^Barcastuff, wow! VV said one word about a uncertainty over remaining at the club and suddenly we're watching 7 keepers and MD do a special on one of our youth keepers (I was reading the google translate version of it earlier today, can't find it now), you'd think he said "I'm leaving in January" judging by the media reaction...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Perhaps some Rosell tactics for negotiations...Sounded like Valdes et al were unhappy that the club reported progress on his renewal when they felt there hadn't been any inertia on that - and were public abou that...then the club responds with rumours of several keepers themselves

I'll say this, I think Rosell is a prick but when it comes to negotiations and deals on players, no one can complain about the work that has been done thus far...No one has been lost that they've targeted and renewals have all gone down...No reason to think it'll be different with VV

Chainsaw

Killahead
Goalkeepers Barcelona are keeping an eye on: De Gea (Man United), Stekelenburg (Roma), Neuer (Bayern Munich), Guaita (Valencia), Ter Stegen (Borussia Monchengladbach), Adler (Hamburg), Leno (Bayer Leverkusen) [md]

^Barcastuff, wow! VV said one word about a uncertainty over remaining at the club and suddenly we're watching 7 keepers and MD do a special on one of our youth keepers (I was reading the google translate version of it earlier today, can't find it now), you'd think he said "I'm leaving in January" judging by the media reaction...

Most of those names above are facepalm worthy but I don't know how much truth lies in these Valdes leaving rumors. We don't know what's going on inside the club exactly. Perhaps there were already talks inside the board about finding a new GK for the first team and VV is aware of that, so all these talks about him leaving popped up. Just assumptions ofc.

khaled_a_d

Joseph Fabrice Ondoa ,just turned 17 last month ,expected to be promoted to Barca B next season , Cameroonian btw,has long way to go b4 being first team GK
As for the rumors ,It is just not about VV leaving,but Pinto probably on his way out,FCB will need a new GK next season for sure ,whether it is back up who can compete with VV or a replacement ,anyway I would like one of the last 3 names ,don't expect them to cost more than 10M

ShandyFFM

i would reccomend barca to sign kevin trapp from eintracht frankfurt, i guess no one has heared from him before in this forum.. but he is the best keeper in the bundesliga so far

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...w_adler-26-co-_ein-trio-landet-vor-neuer.html

second after adler with the same grade... hes 21 and his a playing goalkeepertype although he very tall and catches nearly every ball after a corner.. frankfurt didnt get a single corner goal against them

AvocadoCake

Joseph Fabrice Ondoa ,just turned 17 last month ,expected to be promoted to Barca B next season , Cameroonian btw,has long way to go b4 being first team GK
As for the rumors ,It is just not about VV leaving,but Pinto probably on his way out,FCB will need a new GK next season for sure ,whether it is back up who can compete with VV or a replacement ,anyway I would like one of the last 3 names ,don't expect them to cost more than 10M
yep that's the one

And I definitely wouldn't mind Ter Stegen, very talented goalkeeper, but I think he'd be a bit north of 10m.

Oh and yeah Trapp has been great, I'd still say Inui has been Frankfurt's best this season, but Trapp is, although very good this season, probably too low-profile for us to make our first choice. The media would circle around him like sharks, ready to pounce on his first mistake like the English media did to De Gea

Last edited:

desoe

An african goalkeeper in Barca - this sounds exciting.

And Pinto signed a new deal already.

Home of Barca Fans