Transfers and Rumours - old thread

F

Flavia

I will seriously go mental if we sign Guaita. I'm not saying he is a bad goalkeeper but he just isn't good enough for Barça. There are so many better options than him.
And I agree with all of you who said that it seems like we're saving money just to buy Neymar. I hope it isn't true.

That's precisely my fear. A cheap gk and maybe cb, so Neymar can come... Guaita and Vermaelen :smiley_scared:

If they really want a cheap GK, why not get Stekelenburg? a) He is a good 'footballing' goalkeeper, b) he is cheap and c) has a lot of experience. He is sure way cheaper than Ter Stegen, Courtois or De Gea, and imo better than Guaita.
But he's not spanish or from la liga...

I hope this Guaita stuff is bullshit. Remember the rumors about Ter Stegen having signed a pre-deal? There's a good chance this Guaita stuff is bullshit just like that was.

F

Flavia

Md about Neymar and Guaita.

Nothing new about Neymar, and on Guaita they say he is the favorite of Narcís Julià, Zubi's right-hand man. Guaita is preferred over De Gea and Reina. It seems at Barça people think Guaita is a top drawer signing(“un fichaje de cajón”, not sure if this is the right translation. Any spanish speakers, please help), because he is cheap, but a good gk.

If those 3 are the options, De Gea hands down.

dostoevskij

at this point its not more than gossip, if Guaita really is the solution in summer, then everbody can panic...

personally i would love to get Courtois. His loan ends in summer and Chelsea have Cech, who is 31 then.

Gorazd

‏@barcastuff 1h
Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita is now Barcelona's first option to replace Valdes, ahead of De Gea (Man United) and Reina (Liverpool)

fcbdna

Banned
Well, due to the fact that we (cules) have no say on who the club signs. . . . If we go ahead to sign Guaita, all we can do is show support even though he isn't good enough. . . And pray we get a WC CB Kompany or Hummels preferably. Happy Neymar is coming though :party1:

spark

"Valencia keeper Vicente Guaita is now Barcelona's first option to replace Valdes, "

:lol: If they want a replacement from Spain, Andrés Fernández is the same age and better and even he isnt a Barca quality number one. Lets not complain though, Kiko Casilla is another they monitored for being "cheap and affordable" :smiley_scared:

Home of Barca Fans