Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Hopefully, but the "it will be a spanish gk" thing makes it difficult to sign a decent one.

Only good one I can think of is De Gea. And that's only based on his performance against RM, I haven't seen much of him otherwise.

If we can't get him (it's unlikely we will), I hope we go for a non-Spanish GK.

D

Don_Andrés

You have to wonder who makes these decisions, Guita is nowhere near the standard of Valdes and there are better options out there.

Absolutely Right. How can they come to a decision that Guita is the goalkeeper to replace Valdes, how far down the list is Guita. He's beneath Courtois, ter Stegan and de Gea - have those options been explored?

It's sounds like their scrimping in other areas of the team, just to get this Neymar deal through.:banghead: A deal that isn't required at this time, considering the development of Tello :angry:.

As I mentioned earlier in another thread. Get a good young keeper, no matter what the cost and he could serve the club for ten years+. I mentioned the deals of Buffon and Nueur, as prime examples of this. Also at the age of 26, Guita has made less than 100 first team appearances.

Absolutely Right. How can they come to a decision that Guita is the goalkeeper to replace Valdes, how far down the list is Guita. He's beneath Courtois, ter Stegan and de Gea - have those options been explored?

It's sounds like their scrimping in other areas of the team, just to get this Neymar deal through.:banghead: A deal that isn't required at this time, considering the development of Tello :angry:.

As I mentioned earlier in another thread. Get a good young keeper, no matter what the cost and he could serve the club for ten years+. I mentioned the deals of Buffon and Nueur, as prime examples of this. Also at the age of 26, Guita has made less than 100 first team appearances.

Didn't the media say that Barca had a pre-deal with Ter Stegen a few months ago? This Guaita stuff is probably mostly bullshit just like that was.

Stric

That's a valid point, Don_Andres. Judging from the rumors we've heard so far, it appears that the club will be skimping on the players we need more, just to have enough money for Neymar, who we don't really need. Eventually it could turn out to be a big waste of money if we buy a bad GK/CB for a low price, because we'll have to replace them later if they don't perform well.

D

Don_Andrés

Didn't the media say that Barca had a pre-deal with Ter Stegen a few months ago?

I do hope so. If that is the case the defender might well be Hummels, sign them as a pair. Both German, probably speak English (be able to communicate with Pique!) while they learn Spanish.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
ter Stegen rumor was false, we can all agree that him already signing a pre-contract at that point was too good to be true :lol:

Guaita is a shit choice based on his form but sadly I do think the rumor has it's validity. We can never be too sure of what'll end up happening, but there's a pretty good chance he'll be the transfer choice.

Irish_Cules

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 22m
Barcelona have speeded up the preparation of the transfers of Santos forward Neymar (21) and Valencia goalkeeper Vicente Guaita (26). [md]

:facepalm:

Guaita will be a disaster.......

loozy

Barcelona plan to offer Pique a renewal. The centre back the club wants to buy this summer should be able to play alongside Pique. [sport]

Galning

I will seriously go mental if we sign Guaita. I'm not saying he is a bad goalkeeper but he just isn't good enough for Barça. There are so many better options than him.
And I agree with all of you who said that it seems like we're saving money just to buy Neymar. I hope it isn't true.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
If they really want a cheap GK, why not get Stekelenburg? a) He is a good 'footballing' goalkeeper, b) he is cheap and c) has a lot of experience. He is sure way cheaper than Ter Stegen, Courtois or De Gea, and imo better than Guaita.

mixer

If he will be playing like this, then I'm ok with it

btw... If Santos player Neymar would join Barcelona this summer, Alexis Sanchez is likely to leave. Juventus are interested. [tuttosport]

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If we buy Guaita it better be because the club want to spend big on a world class defender.

khaled_a_d

I will seriously go mental if we sign Guaita. I'm not saying he is a bad goalkeeper but he just isn't good enough for Barça. There are so many better options than him.
And I agree with all of you who said that it seems like we're saving money just to buy Neymar. I hope it isn't true.

The thing is ,will Guaita cost a little? People forget that Valencia isn't an easy team to negotiate with ,once they set their price of a player it is tough to get it down

I mean ,people keep talking about what a bargain Alba was ,but he had only 1 year in contract and he decided that he will move to us not to another team ,they had absolutely no leverage in that deal,and yet their asking price was 15M and we wanted to get him with something around 10-12M ,at the end we got him for 14M ,only 1 million less than they wanted ,same happened with Villa btw ,we gave them their asking price
I don't think they will sell Guaita with less than 8M ,may be even 10-12 M ,tthat won't be a lot cheaper than some one like Tar Stegan

Home of Barca Fans