Transfers and Rumours - old thread

khaled_a_d

I find it funny how you guys are continuing to complain about Valdes even though he's saved our asses several times in these past few months :lol:

Honestly I think it's Guaita who's coming or ter Stegen if the management make a HUGE push for him. De Gea has become too good in the eyes of the club and the media these past few months for SAF to want to let him go. He wouldn't re-make the mistake of letting his younger prospects go to different clubs where they end up being amazing. It's a shame though, as De Gea is a great fit.

CB wise: Anyone who actually watches Hummels play would know that he's a more withdrawn, sweeper type of CB like Pique. A pairing of 2 of those types of CB's is horrible for a team as we do have the necessity for the more up front, rugged, aggressive type of defender who runs up to head away/intercept a pass that is coming through. That's why Pique+Puyol works, that's why Pique+Ramos works. That's half of the reason that I want Marquinhos (the other being that I want our own version of Varane :lol:). Honestly the serious interest in a defender is a really good sign for the club, whoever it may be. We probably won't end up signing Abdennour but at least we've started showing serious interest and scouting around the world for a capable, worthy CB. The necessity of good CB and GK transfers could end up convincing the board that we shouldn't go around looking for a star attacking player and that more of the budget should be used in filling areas of the squad to get real depth.

This is what the market offers ,to make it simple there is no perfect fit for us in the market ,the fact that the time were we were able to get the likes of Marquez & Pique for few millions are over ,probably even for big price too,with lack of depth we can't do another summer of it is either Thiago Silva or non
Hummels might be the best option if he is too close to Pique ,that said he might be pushing himself from our price range ,expect teams who are more willing to spend like RM/Chelsea/Man City to go after him this summer

kozza

I watched Abdennour with the tunisian national team many times and he is really far from being able to play in a team like Barça, he isn't skilled enough and counts on his physical strength, he panics of pressing and is very poor in first pass, he also commits too much errors in man marking.
I think he can play in a team that defends deep but he definitely doesn't fit Barça at all.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Barcelona, who already made an enquiry about the Dane in 2012, will make a bid for Liverpool defender Daniel Agger (28) this summer [mirror]

Superfly

Banned
Vermaelen being linked to Barcelona again.

Please no, he's not even good enough for Arsenal. Barca would just be handing them money for their useless players again (it's become the norm every summer though..)

UberNjufer

Vermaelen being linked to Barcelona again.

Please no, he's not even good enough for Arsenal. Barca would just be handing them money for their useless players again (it's become the norm every summer though..)
atleast it's not another midget.We need more physical players in our back line

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've never rated Agger too highly personally

Vermaelen is absolutely the most overrated defender in the world. To Arsenal fans one good performance from him makes up for 9 or 10 subsequently horrible games with several errors and no solid defending whatsoever.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Nah man, Arsenal fans have all been hating on Vermalean this season. They make us look like we like our center backs. :lol:

AvocadoCake

I find it funny how you guys are continuing to complain about Valdes even though he's saved our asses several times in these past few months :lol:

Honestly I think it's Guaita who's coming or ter Stegen if the management make a HUGE push for him. De Gea has become too good in the eyes of the club and the media these past few months for SAF to want to let him go. He wouldn't re-make the mistake of letting his younger prospects go to different clubs where they end up being amazing. It's a shame though, as De Gea is a great fit.

CB wise: Anyone who actually watches Hummels play would know that he's a more withdrawn, sweeper type of CB like Pique. A pairing of 2 of those types of CB's is horrible for a team as we do have the necessity for the more up front, rugged, aggressive type of defender who runs up to head away/intercept a pass that is coming through. That's why Pique+Puyol works, that's why Pique+Ramos works. That's half of the reason that I want Marquinhos (the other being that I want our own version of Varane :lol:). Honestly the serious interest in a defender is a really good sign for the club, whoever it may be. We probably won't end up signing Abdennour but at least we've started showing serious interest and scouting around the world for a capable, worthy CB. The necessity of good CB and GK transfers could end up convincing the board that we shouldn't go around looking for a star attacking player and that more of the budget should be used in filling areas of the squad to get real depth.

Well, I thought that last season (The whole Javi Martinez saga) but we ended up getting Song - no hate for Song but he's not a CB...

ShandyFFM

Just cant wait to get into the transfertime .. So many good players who could make an impact.. Perhaps we will get a surprising signing like alexis again... Or there are sevral candidates for our squad after this season. For he first time in the last 5 years new players are really neeeded not like the years before imo. Becuase everyone knows the barcastyle to this time better. My candidates would be
1. Attackers neymar, nani, suarez, rooney, bale
2. Defenders hummels, verthongen, subotic, that chelsea dude looking like puyol, lucio, sakho
3. Keepers trapp, courtois, ter stegen, casilla

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well, I thought that last season (The whole Javi Martinez saga) but we ended up getting Song - no hate for Song but he's not a CB...

Martinez isn't a CB either and Bilbao didn't want to sell so they asked for an unreasonably high price that Bayern agreed to pay for some reason. I didn't like how Bielsa utilized him as a CB last season because he was very restricted and is much better as a DM.

Irish_Cules

I really hope this Vermalen rumour is rubbish. This Barsenal trend has to stop...its getting ridiculous at this stage.

Home of Barca Fans