Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

barcafan161

what, I never put in doubt Cristianos goal scoring, he's still one of the best goal scorers today. What I was trying to compare is his current form nowadays with Leos.

Cristiano might not even be the second best player in the world today, but somehow the media and some people are still trying to group him with Messi lol.

When in reality its

Messi

on form Neymar

and the rest
Neymar being inconsistent is why he isn't considered 2nd best.

Suarez is better than Neymar right now.

People group ronaldo in with messi all time not just now. Messi being two years younger helps his case in terms of impact

barcafan161

Again, you cristiano fans keep going saying "his record that, his record this", it's always stats, like you can prove anything with stats, lol.

If you would bother watching his games instead of reading his stats off of some chart you would know he chokes in big games.
What do you class as big games? Cl final? Games vs barca?

NotInHere

Neymar being inconsistent is why he isn't considered 2nd best.

Suarez is better than Neymar right now.

People group ronaldo in with messi all time not just now. Messi being two years younger helps his case in terms of impact
Cristiano is incosistent as hell too, even more now then before. I feel like Neymar is finally gonna take the second place as the second best player in the world next season, he has the game to do so.

Even when Cristiano was younger he couldn't match match leos impact lol, all you had to do was actually watch the games. I bet you that when Messi gets to cristianos age, which 2 years isn't that big of a gap to begin with, he will still be in the conversation for the best player in the world, but I feel like Neymar would have taken that place by then. My only issue is that people still want to group cristiano with messi, saying how things like, its messi and cristiano and then the rest. Totally absurd tbh

Diogo28

So now is this a forum for bashing Portugal? Some guys here seem more obsessed with the Ballon d'or than Ronaldo himself.

BBZ8800

Sadly most barca fans on here are simply not level headed when it comes to Ronaldo and real Madrid which is a shame

Yes, I have no idea how Messi, Ballon D Or, Neymar (wtf?), 2nd best player in the world and similar things entered this discussion which started about whether CR is a choker or not.

I still don't understand what Messi or Neymar have to do with question/debate.

It is hard to remove our hate towards RM/CR7 from posts of majority of our fans, it seems.

Last edited:

Morten

First you couldnt be world class without a good end product, when our players does have that, football suddenly became all about pretty passes, skill moves and dribbling :lol:
You guys are never pleased.

BBZ8800

for example like messi vs bayern last year.

But CR7 is not that kind of a player.
Also, how many players in the world have ever dominated matches like Messi vs Bayern?

For example, please, can you name some other players in any top matches who dominated that way as Messi vs Bayern?
That doesn't make other players chokers or bad.
No one is dominating matches like Messi. He is a world for himself. And he is influencing teams and matches in a different way.
But that doesn't mean that other players aren't good in some other aspect.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Also, how many players in the world have ever dominated matches like Messi vs Bayern?

For example, please, can you name some other players in any top matches who dominated that way as Messi vs Bayern?
No one is dominating matches like Messi. He is a world for himself. And he is influencing teams and matches in a different way.
Well.... Think about it this way. All the beef that any of CR7's so-called haters have with him is that he is extremely over-rated! Like for example, Iniesta & Xavi (used to) dominate matches like crazy! But they never were as hyped as is CR7!! Even Kaka in his prime dominated matches much more than CR7 ever did for example

CR7 is of course an extra ordinary player but the sort of hype that he gets, you would expect him to dominate matches like the aforementioned players did!

Narto

It seems like people try to claim stats don't matter just to convince people they are right. Just because several aspects of the game don't have stats, doesn't mean that the ones that have don't matter at all. If you score a lot of goals, does it really matter how you do it? Poaching, tap-ins and penalties are equally as valuable as scoring from outside the box or after dribbling past a defender, and they all require different skillsets. Yes, Messi does several things that can't be shown by stats, and he is obviously better than Ronaldo, when looking at their entire careers. And when people look back in the future, they will look at the stats and miss a lot of those things that made Messi special. But that doesn't make the stats that are there less important and telling of some of the aspects of the game these players excelled at.

F

Flavia

That's the problem, and what generates so many pointless discussions. A great part of the media, and Cr fans are always portraying him in the same level as Messi, or better, or that "more complete" bs. Very few acknowledge Cr for what he really is, only a goal scorer.

barcafan161

Clasicos, cl semis and finals against big teams, knockout international games.
Can you give me one example of such a game that cristiano completely dominated, for example like messi vs bayern last year.
Champions league quarter finals this year and he did get the winning goal this year against us at camp nou

Dominating isn't something you can just use for that Messi performance vs bayern

Home of Barca Fans