Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

F

Flavia

So I guess all those leagues, CLs, and trophies he won with his clubs don't mean anything?

Praising a player from another team =! undermining one of your own, learn that.
You should read my post again. As you keep ignoring the main point. Praising cr for work rate, to undermine a player who does that a lot more than he does, makes no sense to me. Unless you dislike that player a lot.

Observer

Banned
Messi is 28 why does he not out run Ronaldo?

At least you recognise Ney is the harder working player.

I think that subject has been looooong over discussed/analyzed. Some have attributed it to his style of play and some have stated that he just dont give a fuck sometimes.

Ney can be a working horse for sure, but for an attacker it all comes down to end product, that's where CR has an edge.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I think that subject has been looooong over discussed/analyzed. Might be his stile of play or he just dont give a fuck sometimes.

Ney can be a working horse for sure, but for an attacker it all comes down to end product, that's where CR has an edge.

Exactly it not as simple as player ages.

I rate Ronaldo and have argued that on here a lot.

Dont agree that it is all about end product though. I dont think Ronaldo would suit playing with Messi as he doesnt make the same type of runs and wont play as part of function to support another player.

Would you rather have Ronaldo than Ney at Barca?

Observer

Banned
Different subject tbh, as Barca rarely depends on speed runs, counters, and shooting from outside the box.

I wouldn't have Ronaldo on Barca, because although they both fill the wing role with different attributes, he doesn't fit the Barca system scheme.

But if I would need to pick a beast goal scorer, I would pick him no doubt over Ney.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Different subject tbh, as Barca rarely depends on speed runs, counters, and shooting from outside the box.

I wouldn't have Ronaldo on Barca, because he doesn't fit the system scheme.

But if I would need to pick a beast goal scorer, I would pick him no doubt over Ney.

It it not all about end product for an attacker. Especially one playing the role Ney does at Barca v Ronaldo at Madrid.

As you said you wouldnt swap them and I agree.

F

Flavia

So would I. Never said Neymar is a better player. That's what happens when you catch a discussion in the middle, and misunderstand what was being discussed.

Morten

Dont know how Ronaldo/Messi relationship would turn out, say, after a ballon dor. If Ronaldo didnt get it. things might have become a bit tense.

JamDav1982

Dont know how Ronaldo/Messi relationship would turn out, say, after a ballon dor. If Ronaldo didnt get it. things might have become a bit tense.

It is something I would like to see. Would be very interesting.

Used to want them to do a La Liga v EPL select game that meant something. In my imginary rules it was only two players per team though. Hours of arguing with my firends that debate took up.

Observer

Banned
You'd have to completely eliminate CR's personality for them to work out.

But in a fantasy scenario, both of them could play very good together.

Mitchell1978

Lol, surprised that they posted that last one. That isn't very pro-Penaldo at all, especially considering how Messi doesn't care about goals anymore and his role.

Numbers aren't 100 % correct, they both have 254 goals since 09-10, with Messi having featured in one more game but having played less minutes ( 19568 vs 19863 for CR7)

Diogo28

CfYwCZqWwAA2JAF.jpg

Heeeeeeeyy

Home of Barca Fans