Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Its gonna be a hard task, most norwegians believe that Real and Barcelona are the only good teams there, Messi would struggle etc. Heck, they dont even know its been a three horse race for a while now.

Too many anglophiles here.

blaugrana1987

EPL is amazing, so technical yet so pacey. Very manly and strong, thats why they have best players and take all european titles /s.

Seriously, I bet Villareal would beat Utd, Liverpool and likes sensless. Let alone Barca and Real in form

L

linetty

Lol i didn't know he completed only 4 successful dribbles at the world cup... best athlete ever!!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
TBF, he used to be a far better player in the past than he is now. 11/12 Cristiano is best Cristiano. Since joining Madrid, he's just been dropping aspects of his game, and now he's mainly this Inzaghi type poacher, albeit an incredible one. Sprinkle in a few assists here and there too.

To be honest it is a bit more than sprinkling assists here and there. He has a fair number of assists and his assists are usually good passes. Check out the pass he played for Bale in between 3 defenders against Elche for instance. However, he does expect a lot from his team mates with his final ball, it is usually very fast or too long, the same balls only he would get at the end of.

While his game and his body has become so rigid because of the way he runs, accelerates and can no longer dribble properly his main problem in my opinion is that he is always looking to draw a foul. He often beats his markers but at the slightest touch, he falls down. This is what makes a lot of his runs look incomplete or less than influential on the game. If he completes his dribbles, the conversation would be different.

He doesn't control the tempo the same way Messi does but he isn't looking to do that at all. Beginning of the season when he was being a much better player all around, it felt so odd and people didn't love it even though he was doing well. Everyone wanted him to just score. It is too late now for him to be that same player he once was, he is 30 and he has adapted his game stay at the top at 30 without a huge decline (check the noticeable drop in Iniesta's game), but he does influence the game, while on the ball, more than just numbers on the score sheet and in the assists department.

Over all though, at the end of the season, I would like to see him take his expertise somewhere else, we need to grow beyond his ceiling, and it won't be easy but it won't take long either. We play a much more complete game without him but players like Jese are developing into players like him, and I think this is bad for Jese who can be much more than a Ronaldo. Bale is the same way, he is another Ronaldo when he can be much more. Players like Isco suffer because we play too fast, so does Kroos, and James. The only one who can keep up is Modric but he has ample experience and played in the EPL, but he is 29 going onto 30, so sooner or later he is out.

Morten

To be honest it is a bit more than sprinkling assists here and there. He has a fair number of assists and his assists are usually good passes. Check out the pass he played for Bale in between 3 defenders against Elche for instance. However, he does expect a lot from his team mates with his final ball, it is usually very fast or too long, the same balls only he would get at the end of.

While his game and his body has become so rigid because of the way he runs, accelerates and can no longer dribble properly his main problem in my opinion is that he is always looking to draw a foul. He often beats his markers but at the slightest touch, he falls down. This is what makes a lot of his runs look incomplete or less than influential on the game. If he completes his dribbles, the conversation would be different.

He doesn't control the tempo the same way Messi does but he isn't looking to do that at all. Beginning of the season when he was being a much better player all around, it felt so odd and people didn't love it even though he was doing well. Everyone wanted him to just score. It is too late now for him to be that same player he once was, he is 30 and he has adapted his game stay at the top at 30 without a huge decline (check the noticeable drop in Iniesta's game), but he does influence the game, while on the ball, more than just numbers on the score sheet and in the assists department.

Over all though, at the end of the season, I would like to see him take his expertise somewhere else, we need to grow beyond his ceiling, and it won't be easy but it won't take long either. We play a much more complete game without him but players like Jese are developing into players like him, and I think this is bad for Jese who can be much more than a Ronaldo. Bale is the same way, he is another Ronaldo when he can be much more. Players like Isco suffer because we play too fast, so does Kroos, and James. The only one who can keep up is Modric but he has ample experience and played in the EPL, but he is 29 going onto 30, so sooner or later he is out.

Dont know why he always choose the freekick instead of continuing the play, he doesnt score free kicks anyway. Even so, i take Ronaldo for a few more seasons with this kind of production thank you.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Dont know why he always choose the freekick instead of continuing the play, he doesnt score free kicks anyway. Even so, i take Ronaldo for a few more seasons with this kind of production thank you.

I would have kept him on the team had we not purchased Bale. I don't know what to do with Bale to be honest but he is there and we splashed the cash, plus he has many years ahead of him, so it has to be one of them. I'd take Bale because it makes sense to develop him than face the inevitable with Ronaldo.

Thing is with Ronaldo is that he suppresses other players, and we need to grow beyond that. More importantly though, we need the 4 4 2 back.

Morten

I would have kept him on the team had we not purchased Bale. I don't know what to do with Bale to be honest but he is there and we splashed the cash, plus he has many years ahead of him, so it has to be one of them. I'd take Bale because it makes sense to develop him than face the inevitable with Ronaldo.

Thing is with Ronaldo is that he suppresses other players, and we need to grow beyond that. More importantly though, we need the 4 4 2 back.

If i had to choose between who would stay and who would go, i would still rather have Ronaldo. I dont like everything he does, but he is who he is, and has been and still is a top top player to have. Dont dislike Bale and he has certain qualities we need, but he wont be on Ronaldos level even if he improves. I take 3 more standard Ronaldo-seasons over 7 with Bale, i understand you have a different opinion.

L

linetty

Messi won 3 tackles vs Manchester City yesterday, as much as Cristiano (28 appearances) has won all this season in Liga (2) and CL (1).

Best athlete eva

Home of Barca Fans