Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Yugi

Freaking respect. Wish there were more people like me and you who can cheer for one team yet be realistic and honest about the other one. I'm a RM fan and I admit that atm Messi is the best player in the world by far. Yet when I said that Ronaldo was the best player of all time in his 2007-2010(aprox) years Barca fans will make fun of me. Well I'm glad that in a few years it will be a difference pointless discussion ( Neymar vs Hazard or whatever).

what has been seen, cannot be unseen, dude, :lol:

Altomonte

allasFCB ‏@allas4
For once Balague makes sense. Makes a point that Cristiano hasn't dominated a big game for 2 years, except one Atleti game. @revistadelaliga

I saw Ronaldo's game against Sweden that earned Portugal the WC qualification, at the end of the 2013 season. He scored 3 goals in the second (AWAY) game (2:3) after having scored the single goal in the first home game (1:0). Sweden led 2:1 based on 2 goals scored by Zlatan Ibrahimovic. To get the aggregate win, Sweden needed a third goal. They fully went for the attack and neglected Ronaldo who was limping and pretending that he could no longer run. He managed to deceive the gullible Swedish coach and defense: He scored twice, being unmarked and managing to outrun the defenders. As a consequence, he defeated Sweden by single-handedly scoring all 4 goals and he consequently defeated Ribery and Messi in the Ballon d'Or voting. It was an impressive display of acting, athletic ability and killer instinct. In conclusion, the Portugal-Sweden match should be added to Ronaldo's resume as an example of "big game domination".

FINALLY, I think it's not a good idea by Barca fans at the Camp Nou to sing Anti-Ronaldo songs. Barca management should ask the fans to display fairness and respect, in the spirit of "mes que un club".

raskolnikov

I saw Ronaldo's game against Sweden that earned Portugal the WC qualification, at the end of the 2013 season. He scored 3 goals in the second (AWAY) game (2:3) after having scored the single goal in the first home game (1:0). Sweden led 2:1 based on 2 goals scored by Zlatan Ibrahimovic. To get the aggregate win, Sweden needed a third goal. They fully went for the attack and neglected Ronaldo who was limping and pretending that he could no longer run. He managed to deceive the gullible Swedish coach and defense: He scored twice, being unmarked and managing to outrun the defenders. As a consequence, he defeated Sweden by single-handedly scoring all 4 goals and he consequently defeated Ribery and Messi in the Ballon d'Or voting. It was an impressive display of acting, athletic ability and killer instinct. In conclusion, the Portugal-Sweden match should be added to Ronaldo's resume as an example of "big game domination".

FINALLY, I think it's not a good idea by Barca fans at the Camp Nou to sing Anti-Ronaldo songs. Barca management should ask the fans to display fairness and respect, in the spirit of "mes que un club".
Did they ever publish the results before it got reopened?

JamDav1982

He certainly wasn't the best. Their centerback pairing takes the cake, mostly Ramos due to his tie killer goals.

Ramos was their best player but many players dominated that game for Real and Ronaldo was one of them. Bayern could barely get near him.

mehdimike

I agree with Man U fans thing, its's like the better Ronaldo did at RM the better his time at Man U became, around the time he left Ronaldo wasn't considered top 5 even top 10 by many Man U fans, or even when lists of EPL all time XIs were made he was mentioned but rarely in the team because his spell wasn't considered long enough. Now people say he is top 3 EPL player of all time and he is in a lot of all time XIs.

It's right.But u should consider that ronaldo(at his best) was there for about 3 or at most 4 years.No one will go into the all time top EPL player list by playing just 4 decent years.If he could stay at MU and score for example +400 goals,the case would be diffrent.Consistency is a big factor IMO:)

Last edited:

dakt

In their primes:

1) Messi
2) Xavi
3) Iniesta
4) Ronaldo

So what made Barca great? We had 3 of top players in the club.

hardyboy

Barcelona face punishment for 'Ronaldo is a drunk' chants

Feb 17, 2015 15:15:00
The Catalan club and their fans have been reported by Spain's Football League authority (LFP) after the Portuguese was targeted during the game against Levante on Sunday

Barcelona and their supporters face punishment after they were reported on Tuesday for repeated derogatory chants against Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo during Sunday's 5-0 win over Levante at Camp Nou.

According to a report compiled by Spain's Professional Football League authority (LFP), supporters in the south stand at Camp Nou repeatedly chanted "He is a drunk, Cristiano is a drunk!" in the 65th minute of the game, in reference to the Portuguese's controversial celebration of his 30th birthday the previous Saturday in Madrid.

"A group of approximately 200 people identified with scarves, banners and flags from supporters' groups of the local club and in particular, the group known as ALMOGAVERS, located behind the banner identifying that group, started singing the following song: "He is a drunk, Cristiano is a drunk!," the LFP revealed in a statement on their website, adding that the chant was carried out "repeatedly" and "exclusively" by those fans while others were well-behaved.

The details of the report, which also cites abusive chanting in the Sevilla-Cordoba and Albacete-Betis clashes, have been passed on to Anti-violence and Competition Committees, which could choose to fine both Barca and the fans in question for their behaviour on Sunday.

Ronaldo has long insisted he does not drink alcohol, but was pictured looking worse for wear at his birthday party on February 7, just hours after Madrid had lost 4-0 to Atletico in a disappointing derby defeat at the Vicente Calderon.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Seriously, why haven't we complained about those chants at Abu Dhabi targeting us and Messi?

Because we are Catalan based team?

Who cares anyway i am sure the fine will not be much mostly, as long as they don't ask us to play in closed stadium for some matches i am fine with it. What the fans did was wrong and other teams also doing it is not a valid reason to justify it. But i am just sad that we are the only team that receives punishment. Same happened with fifa, i know the reason why lfp shows bias but why does fifa does the same thing?

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Barcelona face punishment for 'Ronaldo is a drunk' chants

Feb 17, 2015 15:15:00
The Catalan club and their fans have been reported by Spain's Football League authority (LFP) after the Portuguese was targeted during the game against Levante on Sunday

Barcelona and their supporters face punishment after they were reported on Tuesday for repeated derogatory chants against Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo during Sunday's 5-0 win over Levante at Camp Nou.

According to a report compiled by Spain's Professional Football League authority (LFP), supporters in the south stand at Camp Nou repeatedly chanted "He is a drunk, Cristiano is a drunk!" in the 65th minute of the game, in reference to the Portuguese's controversial celebration of his 30th birthday the previous Saturday in Madrid.

"A group of approximately 200 people identified with scarves, banners and flags from supporters' groups of the local club and in particular, the group known as ALMOGAVERS, located behind the banner identifying that group, started singing the following song: "He is a drunk, Cristiano is a drunk!," the LFP revealed in a statement on their website, adding that the chant was carried out "repeatedly" and "exclusively" by those fans while others were well-behaved.

The details of the report, which also cites abusive chanting in the Sevilla-Cordoba and Albacete-Betis clashes, have been passed on to Anti-violence and Competition Committees, which could choose to fine both Barca and the fans in question for their behaviour on Sunday.

Ronaldo has long insisted he does not drink alcohol, but was pictured looking worse for wear at his birthday party on February 7, just hours after Madrid had lost 4-0 to Atletico in a disappointing derby defeat at the Vicente Calderon.

The LFP can suck it, I will chant ESE PORTUGUES HIJO PUTA ES all I want. Ronaldo is a cunt and deserved to be called as such. For years they have remained silent when Madrid's neofascist ultras have chanted WAY WORSE things about messi and barca

Home of Barca Fans