Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Bertus

You guys need to face the facts. Messi should win ballon de or. One criteria for winning must be to play good against top teams, not only weak teams.

so:ronaldo: copa del rey final, didnt play, cl-final -reals worst. And dont forget that it was ramos, dimaria and modric who basically won the tough cl-matches. Against barca(messi 3 goals)in the league he was reals worst. In the most important tournament he was terrible, the biggest disapointment. Real lost supercopa, they lost against atletico in the league, they beat Barca, but Ronaldo was one of reals worst players.

Does this qualify to win ballon? He has a multibillion team working for him, and the opposition is normaly weak, so a lot of goals is to expect. But it isnt enough. I mean hattrick on penalties against weak la liga teams and you are superman?

Not his best year at all.
As if Messi had his best year and should win it.

If you go that way, then Muller or Neuer deserve it way more than messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ronaldo had a better season minus the WC imo.

But people can't compare Argentina and Portugal. Messi has way better teammates in his national team.

Cristiano missed dozens of chances which if he had taken those, might have gotten them past the Group Stage, so yeah....even if his team mates are not upto standards or comparable to other teams, they cant really do much more when they create chances for him, but the guy does fuck all with it.

Bertus

Cristiano missed dozens of chances which if he had taken those, might have gotten them past the Group Stage, so yeah....even if his team mates are not upto standards or comparable to other teams, they cant really do much more when they create chances for him, but the guy does fuck all with it.
Doesn't change the fact that when you have teammates like Di Maria, your national team has better chances.

And it's not as if Messi didn't miss anything either.

I am a messi fan like you all btw, but frankly I fail to see why Messi would deserve the Ballon d'Or more than Ronaldo, and even more if we're talking about comparing Messi with Muller or Neuer from last season including the WC.

BarcaGirl

Doesn't change the fact that when you have teammates like Di Maria, your national team has better chances.

I am a messi fan like you all btw, but frankly I fail to see why Messi would deserve the Ballon d'Or more than Ronaldo, and even more if we're talking about comparing Messi with Muller or Neuer from last season including the WC.

It's not like Di Maria, Aguero and Higuain had a great WC! :shakeshead:

Last edited:

DonAK

Of course Messi also missed some, but this Cristiano NT argument falls short in my eyes when they give you countless chances, but you don't take them. Sorry, but Cristiano's team mates might be average, but they gave him enough chances for him to take them through to the next stage. He didn't. I don't know if he was hampered by an injury or simply choked.

And like BarcaGirl said, Di Maria(until R16 or QFs) and Aguero and Higuain weren't that good either. The last two were horseshit. Freaking Eder showed more in his limited minutes than they did in the entire tournament.

I'm not arguing against the fact that Argentina is a MUCH BETTER National Team than Portugal though, but having better players on paper don't necessarily make you better, which kind of was the case in the WC where most of Argentina's players were horribly out of form or just choked for the majority of the tourney.

As for the Balon D'Or then Cristiano shouldn't have won it last time so I would not be complaining if Messi wins it this time.

Last edited:

DonAK

:pep:

BRAtXZbCMAAB09U.jpg:large

But people can't compare Argentina and Portugal. Messi has way better teammates in his national team.

Cool that you have an opinion.

Concerning your argument you are flat out wrong. Aguero and higuain was pretty much world cups worst players. Di Maria was decent. The only argentinians who played well was messi and masch. Defense was ok. Argentina in reality had a pretty average team.

As if Messi had his best year and should win it.

If you go that way, then Muller or Neuer deserve it way more than messi.

Cant really see an argument here. Messi is ten times better than muller, and Even playing average his stats are brilliant and way better than mullers. Muller played for the best wc team and the second best team cl team. Messi plays for Barca - we are at best top 5 in europe at the moment. Messi should win, different class.

Kerrybai

Still, taking away any penalties as if it doesn't count is fallacious imo.

I could also argue that it is not so easy to score any and every penalties. Messi knows it well enough, it did cost him at least one CL.

I understand and agree with some of your points however regarding the penalites I think you have slightly missed the point Its not about putting Ronaldo down or taking them away from him, its just pointing out that a lot of people seem to think Ronaldo is blowing away Messi this season as he leads by 25-14 goals, however Messi has only had 1 penalty ( which he missed ) and Ronaldo has had 8, 7 of which he has scored. Due to his teams style, and in some cases diving, he has been served up with 8 'free goals' this season. 25% of his goals in Spain are from the spot, usually Madrid get more penalties but not by much, but this season has been really strange... 8 penalties award and its not even December.

The point here is that the gap between them in terms of goals is exaggerated by the penalty count and of course all anyone cares about is goals, its really ruined any chance Messi has of the Ballon Dor. Whether or not you think he deserved it is another story.

To be fair Aguero and Higuain didnt turn up and Di Maria got injured. Also I watched Portugal vs Ghana, It wasnt Ronaldos team-mates who missed those glorious chances to put his team through.

BarcaOG

Banned
You guys need to face the facts. Messi should win ballon de or. One criteria for winning must be to play good against top teams, not only weak teams.

so:ronaldo: copa del rey final, didnt play, cl-final -reals worst. And dont forget that it was ramos, dimaria and modric who basically won the tough cl-matches. Against barca(messi 3 goals)in the league he was reals worst. In the most important tournament he was terrible, the biggest disapointment. Real lost supercopa, they lost against atletico in the league, they beat Barca, but Ronaldo was one of reals worst players.

Does this qualify to win ballon? He has a multibillion team working for him, and the opposition is normaly weak, so a lot of goals is to expect. But it isnt enough. I mean hattrick on penalties against weak la liga teams and you are superman?

Not his best year at all.

You must be new to the sport.

Ronaldo has had a better season and year than Messi. He deserves the Ballon d'Or this year. Period. Last year's was dubious, but there is no doubt about this year's. I just hope it pushes Messi to his very best again.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
You must be new to the sport.

Ronaldo has had a better season and year than Messi. He deserves the Ballon d'Or this year. Period. Last year's was dubious, but there is no doubt about this year's. I just hope it pushes Messi to his very best again.

This is garbage.
No way he was better than messi this year.

Home of Barca Fans