Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Morten

Chance created by who?

Santa Claus, who else? You fail to see my point. Sometimes Ronaldo is about to get a shooting chance before he is fouled, sometimes its others. Sometimes Ronaldo was about to create space for a teammate, sometimes others get fouled before passing to him. I dont say that Ronaldo would have had all the goals if no one fouled, he wouldnt, most likely it would have been less for both himself and the team. But you seem to have this thinking that Ronaldo and Real would have had some 40 goals less if not for the pks. Well, seeing as how you count all penalties as dives and free goals anyway, im not suprised.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The gap between messi,Ronaldo and rest of players is too big. There are some things only these two could achieve.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Santa Claus, who else? You fail to see my point. Sometimes Ronaldo is about to get a shooting chance before he is fouled, sometimes its others. Sometimes Ronaldo was about to create space for a teammate, sometimes others get fouled before passing to him. I dont say that Ronaldo would have had all the goals if no one fouled, he wouldnt, most likely it would have been less for both himself and the team. But you seem to have this thinking that Ronaldo and Real would have had some 40 goals less if not for the pks. Well, seeing as how you count all penalties as dives and free goals anyway, im not suprised.

Certainly not all Real Madrid penalties were dives, but a good chunk of those PKs that Ronaldo himself resulted in were. I am just disputing the notion that Ronaldo would have materialized on those chances if he hadn't been fouled or if he hadn't dived. His shot/goal conversion rate is not among the best.

Morten

Certainly not all Real Madrid penalties were dives, but a good chunk of those PKs that Ronaldo himself resulted in were. I am just disputing the notion that Ronaldo would have materialized on those chances if he hadn't been fouled or if he hadn't dived. His shot/goal conversion rate is not among the best.

A big part of that is because he shoot from silly distances and positions, his conversion rate inside the box i dont know.

Sunny Mir

Tell that to Real Madrid ;)

It's just that C.Ronaldo has more practice than Messi..

ByPyBeTIQAERUUU.jpg

As Bale said....:pep:

NotInHere

Couldn't watch the game, but scoring 4 goals is impressive, and only a few people can do this, but at the same time these teams are there so Barcelona and Madrid could statpad, and about the whole Messi vs Ronaldo thing, we will be able to judge who has more impact once they face legitimate competition.

Kerrybai

Couldn't watch the game, but scoring 4 goals is impressive, and only a few people can do this, but at the same time these teams are there so Barcelona and Madrid could statpad, and about the whole Messi vs Ronaldo thing, we will be able to judge who has more impact once they face legitimate competition.

2 were penalties, well take though

NotInHere

2 were penalties, well take though
Taking penalties still requires skill though, specially if they are well executed.

But agreed, how Ronaldo approached his scoring tally is less inpressive, dived for a penalty and I heard Marcelo dived too, but in the end the number is what matters.

Kerrybai

Taking penalties still requires skill though, specially if they are well executed.

But agreed, how Ronaldo approached his scoring tally is less inpressive, dived for a penalty and I heard Marcelo dived too, but in the end the number is what matters.

Yeah 2 dives, and his 4th goal was a pointless goal to make it 5-1.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
RM have been awarded 3 penalties in 5 La Liga games so far, suffice to say that is most in La Liga. Not only that, but all 3 have been dives, 2 by Cristiano (Atletico, Elche) and one by Marcelo (Elche). All 3 have been scored by Cristiano.

keep scoring goals and hell rack up more trophies than messi, thatll make him a greater player in the eyes of most fans, especially 20-30 years down the line when it ends up becoming a long age pele/maradona debate. sad, messi needs to fix up and fast.

footyfan

Calma, calma
RM have been awarded 3 penalties in 5 La Liga games so far, suffice to say that is most in La Liga. Not only that, but all 3 have been dives, 2 by Cristiano (Atletico, Elche) and one by Marcelo (Elche). All 3 have been scored by Cristiano.

Neither penalty conceded to Ronaldo was a dive. Both had clear contact. Of course he went down when he felt contact vs Elche.

Home of Barca Fans