Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Pepe Silvia

Ronaldo: "If I could, I'd vote for myself," he said in an interview with France Football. "I am what I am and I'm happy with that. Being too humble isn't good. In Portugal we say that too much humility is vanity."

:lol: :lol: Poor guy
That got my wife to laugh out loud when I read it to her. Thanks for that

ivan22

Cristina doesn't take free kick for the first time in a hundred years - madrid scores.

definately the best freekick taker in the world!

Ronaldo: "If I could, I'd vote for myself," he said in an interview with France Football. "I am what I am and I'm happy with that. Being too humble isn't good. In Portugal we say that too much humility is vanity."

doesn't he realize that he's probably the most vain person in the world?

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28

:lol: :lol: Poor guy

I understand what he's saying, Ronaldo comes from a touch region of Portugal, where basically you have to stand on your own or fail, its a dog eat dog world, so you have to stay competitive, so yeah, if you go around trying to be some goody two shoes charming everyone like a schoolboy everyone would think your full of bullshit. I grew up somewhere similar and you had to be careful what you said or did, being too nice people would lose respect for you. If you are truly a humble person I would advise to stay as far away from certain regions in Scotland as you can, you wouldn't last long.

Every man is their own King.

J

jtmx12

I understand what he's saying, Ronaldo comes from a touch region of Portugal, where basically you have to stand on your own or fail, its a dog eat dog world, so you have to stay competitive, so yeah, if you go around trying to be some goody two shoes charming everyone like a schoolboy everyone would think your full of bullshit. I grew up somewhere similar and you had to be careful what you said or did, being too nice people would lose respect for you. If you are truly a humble person I would advise to stay as far away from certain regions in Scotland as you can, you wouldn't last long.

No excuses are enough. Personally, I went through a lot crap when I was young, but it didn't effect me at all. Smart people move on and improve, you dont get stuck in the past thinking the shit you went through was right or that it will follow/affect you until you die. He's no longer living in that "region", so he no longer needs to act like a freaking jerk. He needs to show some respect to all those kids that follow him and try to become a better person at least for that reason.

Last edited:

ivan22

thanks, now I even got a reason never to visit portugal.

no seriously. Just grow up and leave the past behind you. I mean hes 26 years old, not 16.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
His English is very good. My Spanish is so bad, I can't evaluate his. Does he speak good Spanish?

It's good, but he's got a very clear Portuguese accent. Basically most of his s's become "sh". So he'd say "Dosh Santosh" instead of "Dos Santos". That's the most noticeable difference.

Well, since Dos Santos is a brazilian/portuguese name, he'd be right too

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
It's good, but he's got a very clear Portuguese accent. Basically most of his s's become "sh". So he'd say "Dosh Santosh" instead of "Dos Santos". That's the most noticeable difference.

Well, since Dos Santos is a brazilian/portuguese name, he'd be right too

This. His sound like [sh] and also his [r] sound like french [r] a little bit. But, despite the accent, he speaks it very well.

oggmar

Deco, may I ask how you know Spanish this well? You got family from Spain or? I mean, I'm from Sweden aswell and I chose Spanish as third language in school but I'm nowhere near your level so. Obviously it might just be me but I dno

raskolnikov

I just read the interview where he said he would vote for himself but damn how extremely annoying and tiring are the media? that journalist went on about ballon d'or and messi like a broken record, must be extremely frustrating for him and then also have your quotes being put out of context.

Kerrybai

Ronaldo's dilemma.

Barcelona - Greatest ever player/legend ( Lionel Messi )
Argentina - Greatest ever player/legend ( Maradona ) Messi has the potential to change that

Manchester United - Greatest ever player/legend ( George Best ) Ronaldo left too early to change this, had he lead them to further European trophies and stopped Man City from winning the league then he could have became their greatest ever.

Portugal - Greatest ever player/legend ( Eusebio ) Considering Portugal's current crop of players it's unlikely Ronaldo will lead them to a major final/title. Not that Eusebio managed this feat but his 9 goals in the 1966 world cup set him apart from Ronaldo.

Real Madrid - Greatest ever player/legend (Di Stefano? Puskas? Gento? ) For Ronaldo to even break into the top 5 at Madrid he would need to deliver thier 10th European cup and possibly their 11th/12th plus a handful of league titles etc. Right now many Madrista's would consider him outside of their top 10. He is still young and has time to change this but it will be very difficult.

Don't get me wrong here. I think Ronaldo is one of the best players of the last decade. However when we look at legends they were often players who transformed their respective teams. Pele at Brazil. Maradona at Argentina and Napoli. Eusebio at Portugal. They were all club legends.

Had Ronaldo stayed at United in my opinion he would have a much greater legacy. Now he has the mammoth task of becoming a legend at one of the most decorated clubs in history.

I should note that some players managed to cement great legacies even tough they never transformed a club's legacy ( Ronaldo De Lima ) However his world cup performances set him apart.

raskolnikov

He can become Portugals best ever and the best to have been succesfull in several leagues as well perhaps? His legacy is linked to Messi as well, he is already an atg.

Leo10

So he needs a reality check ASAP. He is not in that region of Portugal anymore. Welcome to the real world son, where you are rich, handsome and a good football player (hope I got his quote right).

Last edited:

Kerrybai

He can become Portugals best ever and the best to have been succesfull in several leagues as well perhaps? His legacy is linked to Messi as well, he is already an atg.

I agree that he is an all time great but I think staying at Manchester United he could have reach much greater heights as a footballing legend.

ricknattery

No excuses are enough. Personally, I went through a lot crap when I was young, but it didn't effect me at all. Smart people move on and improve, you dont get stuck in the past thinking the shit you went through was right or that it will follow/affect you until you die. He's no longer living in that "region", so he no longer needs to act like a freaking jerk. He needs to show some respect to all those kids that follow him and try to become a better person at least for that reason.

no reason to lose your time with him. somehow he always turn Ronaldo's outburts and stupid gestures into something he admires. Hopeless
I understand people praising ronaldo for being an incredible goalscorer but praising him for being arrogant?....

Home of Barca Fans