David Villa

raskolnikov

Hmmm no, by that logic it is exactly the opposite
Batistuta won cup Fiorentina which was their first trophy in 20 years, Totti won the league and 2 cups after no trophies for long time. Villa unluckily joined Valencia in ear of decline, after 2 CL finals,2 league titles, 1 UEFA cup title they went into drought back then. And they weren't on spotlight either which didn't help Villa's legacy unlike the other name mentioned.
Had he joined Barca or RM in 2005 instead of Valencia I think Villa would have looked much better in such debates
But you still have to look at a players contribution during a certain timeframe. If you stick with a club during bad teams and hold them down its in a way more admirable than raking in trophies when things go well.

Think Van Persie at Arsenal. Had he left to juve for example instead of United he would be a clear club legend. Villa is even more of a legend to Spanish football in general though.

khaled_a_d

But you still have to look at a players contribution during a certain timeframe. If you stick with a club during bad teams and hold them down its in a way more admirable than raking in trophies when things go well.

Think Van Persie at Arsenal. Had he left to juve for example instead of United he would be a clear club legend. Villa is even more of a legend to Spanish football in general though.

I am talking about perception of general football fans not to Valencia fans in particular.
If you think of Roma you will always think of Totti, if you talk about Chelsea you will always remember Lampard,Drogba and Terry. Valencia? I don't think many would remember Villa first tbh even if he was better than other plays.
Villa was great, but his career path wasn't usual and I think it hurts his legacy. It made him look a bit inferior to what he really is

RMU ReBorn

Ibra >Villa . :lol: I have heard it all . I agree Eto , Drogba and Torress were better but Ibra isn't better than Villa . People compare Ibra and Villa based on Silverware's ,one was a gold digger and other played for Zaragoza and Valencia in his prime . After Benitez left Valencia was never the same . If i remember well he was part of the CDR win with Zaragoza as well as Valencia and was scoring lots of goals . Much Like what Aspas is doing for Celta . Also he is a Barca legend in my opinion . CL final goal , brace in one of the memorable classico win ever, scored in historic comeback vs Milan . He had enough moments to be remembered as a Barca legend .

Last edited:
Ibra >Villa . :lol: I have heard it all . I agree Eto , Drogba and Torress were better but Ibra isn't better than Villa . People compare Ibra and Villa based on Silverware's ,one was a gold digger and other played for Zaragoza and Valencia in his prime . After Benitez left Valencia was never the same . If i remember well he was part of the CDR win with Zaragoza as well as Valencia and was scoring lots of goals . Much Like what Aspas is doing for Celta . Also he is a Barca legend in my opinion . CL final goal , brace in one of the memorable classico win ever, scored in historic comeback vs Milan . He had enough moments to be remembered as a Barca legend .

Mate come on ibra is world class ibra in his prime was the best striker in the world

RMU ReBorn

Mate come on ibra is world class ibra in his prime was the best striker in the world
No he wasn't .Henry and eto was the best from 2000-2007 . Then there was Torress , villa , Drogba , Falcao , Forlan all having their prime which was better than Zlatan's prime . Zlatan was a european choker neither was he instrumental in league over a period of time .

No he wasn't .Henry and eto was the best from 2000-2007 . Then there was Torress , villa , Drogba , Falcao , Forlan all having their prime which was better than Zlatan's prime . Zlatan was a european choker neither was he instrumental in league over a period of time .

https://youtu.be/RM_5tJncHww

As soon as zlatan left PSG they couldn't win the league, coincidence? I think not... he's won the title everywhere he's gone and the most decorated footballer alive. Pep made many mistakes during his time and getting rid of Zlatan was one of them.

Jesus christ i hope you are joking . Getting rid Zlatan was a mistake ? :lol:

Watch this and tell me otherwise
https://youtu.be/ln35qLphK4I

Most players need an adaption period at Barcelona. Imagine he had time to learn the system perfectly,Zlatan is a hard worker. He doesn't party like Neymar or have a bad diet. He works hard to be the best he can be which is why he's kept himself at a top level for so long.

Even under those conditions he managed over 17 goals for Barcelona! Got a hat trick coming off the bench and pep would not even talk to him for 6 months, that's got to have hurt his confidence. And the fact zlatan insults pep and Pep says nothing in return like he did with Mourinho shows pep is guilty

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans