David Villa

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I was discussing yesterday..... What's the difference between Leo Messi and CR7? Leo Messi keeps his mouth shut and just goes on about doing his job. CR7 throws a fit when the board does some thign stupid, like selling Ozil, di Maria, etc. And look how their team has developed now.

Leo Messi should have done some thing similar..... Should have started it right when the stupid board decided to let go of this guy! Then when Pedro and Alves were let go!!

I hear he is now more expressive and more bossy in the dressing room. That he gave a mouthful to Masch and Mathieu after the fiasco with Juvi..... But then again, it's too little too late I guess.

PhilS

David Villa has found in the new world what Europeans have been looking for for over half a millennium now: the fountain of youth. We've seen so many older players come to the U.S. who've provided just memories of their younger years. Villa has been kicking butt, well deserved call up.

FinBarcelonafan

I was discussing yesterday..... What's the difference between Leo Messi and CR7? Leo Messi keeps his mouth shut and just goes on about doing his job. CR7 throws a fit when the board does some thign stupid, like selling Ozil, di Maria, etc. And look how their team has developed now.

Leo Messi should have done some thing similar..... Should have started it right when the stupid board decided to let go of this guy! Then when Pedro and Alves were let go!!

I hear he is now more expressive and more bossy in the dressing room. That he gave a mouthful to Masch and Mathieu after the fiasco with Juvi..... But then again, it's too little too late I guess.

Selling DiMaria and Özil was great business. Ronaldo was wrong. Imagine, If they still had those guys? They would be no where near their level now.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Selling DiMaria and Özil was great business. Ronaldo was wrong. Imagine, If they still had those guys? They would be no where near their level now.
Yes, it was great business, in hindsight. But it only turned out to be good cause they have a good sporting director and good scouting team and they actually did replace them immediately with good players.

Our guys didn't even bother! They sold Pedro who was an important player for our treble v2.0, in fact he was the one that even helped us win that Super copa just a day or two before his departure and we still didn't bother to replace him!

Dani Alves was again the same thing, they didn't even bother to sign some body!

I'm pretty damn sure now that if Messi's renewing business was not at stake the board would not have bothered to sign Dembele either despite selling Neymar! Signing Deuloefeu was an attempt to do the same!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Couldnt care less about him. Bought him for a big fee (for the time) and he only gave us 1 year. As soon as he left (Barca were kind to him and let him go for peanuts because noone would pay his fat paycheck) he celebrated like crazy his goal against Barca.

No class in this sleazeball.

michelco

Couldnt care less about him. Bought him for a big fee (for the time) and he only gave us 1 year. As soon as he left (Barca were kind to him and let him go for peanuts because noone would pay his fat paycheck) he celebrated like crazy his goal against Barca.

No class in this sleazeball.

Why would he not celebrate? It's not like Barca was his home town club

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
For the reasons I mentioned. Barca gave him his dream (CL, La Liga) and let him go to club he picked for peanuts. He showed no respect and Camp Nou too sure made it clear how they felt when he came back.

He was nothing but a mercenary.

michelco

He stated himself he only went to Barca because Valencia needed the money from his transfer. So sure, you can call him a mercenary all you want but that's 99% of the players for you. Calling someone like David Villa a 'sleazeball' is really stretching it tbh

Andrew M

For the reasons I mentioned. Barca gave him his dream (CL, La Liga) and let him go to club he picked for peanuts. He showed no respect and Camp Nou too sure made it clear how they felt when he came back.

He was nothing but a mercenary.

Very harsh, man. I honestly couldn't care less if someone celebrated or not.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good, he admitted in then.
I can call him whatever I like. Particularly players that break their backs celebrating goals against clubs that fullfiled their dreams and treated them great.

Devils

I'm a big David Villa fan and this brings me joy to see.

Lovely player and has had big influence on my style of play as well.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
In his tribute to Enrique Castro Quini, he says: I remember that you asked me one day [to be] a better striker than you and I apologise for not succeeding, but that was an impossible mission for any striker who wanted to try.

That really is a beautiful line

Sorin

A little modest there David.

Villa was a wonderful striker in his prime. Top 5 in the world easily.

But yeah, great words from the man. RIP Quini.

Home of Barca Fans