David Villa

soul24rage

Shame about that broken leg he suffered during the 2011 Club World Cup. Maybe a CL in 2012 possibly if it doesn't happen.

that is what I've wondered till now. With his finishing skills, I believe that we could have won the 2012 CL. Such bad timing for his injury.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Great seeing this man play in his Valencia and Barca days. Maybe underrated but he’s also a WC/EURO winner. 2 time UCL finalist with us and Atletico. Great career

wisconsincule

Shame about that broken leg he suffered during the 2011 Club World Cup. Maybe a CL in 2012 possibly if it doesn't happen.

I was so upset when he broke his leg. Such a shame. He never was the same after that injury.

I’ll never forget that silky smooth curler he scored in the champions league final. Baller.

Sailor Mars

that is what I've wondered till now. With his finishing skills, I believe that we could have won the 2012 CL. Such bad timing for his injury.

Not to go too far off topic, but another one that stings is the 2010 CL loss to Inter. I was so hyped up about the possibility of winning the CL final at the Bernabeu that year. Very unfortunate that Iniesta was injured and the stupid volcano eruption forcing the team to bus to the San Siro.

While Barca did get a couple of fortunate breaks as well, I still feel as if the 2009-12 teams should have gone 4/4 or atleast 3/4 in CLs.

KingLeo10

Not to go too far off topic, but another one that stings is the 2010 CL loss to Inter. I was so hyped up about the possibility of winning the CL final at the Bernabeu that year. Very unfortunate that Iniesta was injured and the stupid volcano eruption forcing the team to bus to the San Siro.

While Barca did get a couple of fortunate breaks as well, I still feel as if the 2009-12 teams should have gone 4/4 or atleast 3/4 in CLs.

4/4. We were the best team in the world on all fronts from 2009-2012. La Liga points tallies consistently in the 90s in the same period (peaking at 99 ahead of RM who finished at 96 in 2010 !!), and winning Copas, UEFA super cups, Spanish super cups and CWCs to boot.

Imperious performances. 6-2 Madrid, 5-0 Madrid, 4-0 Bayern, 3-1 United, 2-0 United (08-09 version was one of the strongest sides of the modern era), 4-1 Arsenal (with RVP and Cesc).

All this while playing a REVOLUTIONARY style. Basically attacking, proactive football from another dimension. Even the watered down version of it without Messi won 2 euros and a WC back to back to back.

Buffoons like BBZ who try to simplify it to "lol but only 2 CL in 4 years and lol only 3 Ligas in 4 years" miss the essence of football.

For comparison, the great RM side of 14-18 did win 4 out of 5 CL but won the league only 1 time in 5 years. Never had a dominant performance v Barca. In fact, we beat them 4-0, 4-3 (Bernabeu), 3-2 (Bernabeu), 3-0 (Bernabeu) and a few 2-1s in the same period. They just happened to be good at KO football and had severe luck v Liverpool (Karius lol and no Salah) and Bayern (lol Bernat and lol red cards).

But some clowns would rather us play physical, workhorse driven muscle ball like perennial CL losers Juve, Atletico, and Chelsea. I don't mind workhorses like in 05/06. They have their merits and contribute to CL wins. But to be tolerable, you still need a R10, Messi, Eto'o up front. Not sterile Valverde haramball with a zombie like Rakitic.

Last edited:

Messi983

I was about to post this but couldn't find his thread in the Barca history section and I didn't look here.

Really hope these allegations are not true but if they are I've lost all my respect for Villa. I'm strongly against any kind of harassment but OTOH as always in similar cases I believe in innocent until proven guilty. It's her word against his. It wouldn't be the first time allegations against a famous person would be completely made up by a former employee trying to get some money.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Skeptical when it comes to this claim because of the background story surrounding it.

First hand experience dealing these with these types of incidents within a work environment have taught me that you're guilty till proven innocent when you're a male.

It's unfortunate that there are people who try to take advantage for their own benefit (Neymar incident etc), making it harder for victims who have genuinely suffered from this type of harassment.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, these cases are bullshit quite often, especially when famous people are part of it. The fame you gain etc.. people looking out for personal gain.

Rory

How about we reserve judgements on both the accused and the accuser until it's all figured out? Seeing far too many people making out like he's definitely innocent because he's a famous athlete and she stands to POTENTIALLY gain something from it. Sexual assault/harassment happens to most women at some point in their lives so it's hardly crazy if the story is true. Far more people get away with sexual assault/harassment than those that are falsely accused and punished for it.

FinBarcelonafan

How about we reserve judgements on both the accused and the accuser until it's all figured out? Seeing far too many people making out like he's definitely innocent because he's a famous athlete and she stands to POTENTIALLY gain something from it. Sexual assault/harassment happens to most women at some point in their lives so it's hardly crazy if the story is true. Far more people get away with sexual assault/harassment than those that are falsely accused and punished for it.

Men get sexually abused too but nobody ever talks about those.

Home of Barca Fans