David Villa

Papabeef

So apparently if one of our players has a scoring draft (sort of even..) their actions are punishable by injury...., how many assists and build up plays was Alexis involved in ? how many moments did he lack luck? authentic goal called offside or hit the bar..etc you can see he gives a decent effort, pressures well and tracks back, helps open up spaces up front for others which is pretty vital for Barca's possession slower build up attack waves, the fact he is not on the scoresheet as much (atm) is viable to happen to any player in the squad.

Lets think about it for a moment here, you guys think David Villa himself would be pleased to see Alexis hospitalized so he would get more playing time ?? really doubt that to be frank... so why are we fans glancing at that idea ? what if (god forbid) Villa gets a one month injury also or Messi, Pedro and Tello...

Personally i prefer Villa, and i think MVP is the best Attack trio possible out of this current squad but i also hope the whole damn team is fit and then its only a matter of "Tito pickings", not trying to be self-righteous about it, im no where near being perfect as a person, not so long ago we finished 6 place in La Liga, how many players were under-performing ? so many... and now we are record breaking the best start to La Liga and still some people are not content im afraid...

Theconomist

So apparently if one of our players has a scoring draft (sort of even..) their actions are punishable by injury...., how many assists and build up plays was Alexis involved in ? how many moments did he lack luck? authentic goal called offside or hit the bar..etc you can see he gives a decent effort, pressures well and tracks back, helps open up spaces up front for others which is pretty vital for Barca's possession slower build up attack waves, the fact he is not on the scoresheet as much (atm) is viable to happen to any player in the squad.

Lets think about it for a moment here, you guys think David Villa himself would be pleased to see Alexis hospitalized so he would get more playing time ?? really doubt that to be frank... so why are we fans glancing at that idea ? what if (god forbid) Villa gets a one month injury also or Messi, Pedro and Tello...

Personally i prefer Villa, and i think MVP is the best Attack trio possible out of this current squad but i also hope the whole damn team is fit and then its only a matter of "Tito pickings", not trying to be self-righteous about it, im no where near being perfect as a person, not so long ago we finished 6 place in La Liga, how many players were under-performing ? so many... and now we are record breaking the best start to La Liga and still some people are not content im afraid...

This can work both ways;
We've conceded more in la liga these past few weeks than we should have in an entire season.
We can't keep a clean sheet if our lives depended on it.
We are forced to play some very weird combos at the back due to our lack of defensive depth.
Our main goalscorer is still outscoring the entire team.
Our wingers still aren't scoring nearly as much as they should.
We still can't fit Fabregas in a team that includes Xavi and Iniesta.
We've lost to Celtic and drew Madrid at home.

Overall it's a pretty decent start to the season but we shouldn't get carried away.
The main issue we have is that we need more defensive solidity.
The thing is even with Puyol and Pique at the back it's an above average defence at best. A team of our calibre needs a world class defence.

J

jtmx12

Messi's goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8XN7SxYDg (3 defenders follow Villa because of his always awesome run, which leaves Messi alone to score)
Song's goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vvo6X1XpAg (3 defenders follow Villa because he is a threat as a 9, which leaves Song alone to score)

"El Messiah 10" said in the chat box that Villa was the worse in the first half. Perhaps it's just me that I like Villa too much, but I don't see how that's being the worse. Villa also had like 3 chances at least where he could have been assisted and would have been able to score, but since Messi was usually 4 meters next to him, he wouldn't get the ball.

Edit: Villa benched in min 60 for Tello, but before that Messi scored, and once again everyone follows Villa who could have been assisted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jwcxL24GgI), but once again Messi gets the ball and alone thanks to Villa)

There was also another one where Iniesta had Villa on the center and Messi on the right, and he did pass the ball to Messi which ended in nothing, but would have been probably goal if that ball went to Villa because he was alone and he was already running.

Also, if you look at all those 3 goals, Villa was in a good position in all of them. Result: he doesn't get the ball in any of them, Messi does instead in 2 of them (he already had the ball in 1 of them, and assisted Song instead when Villa was free too...)

Result: Villa end up the match without a goal, but I don't blame him, he had 0 shots as well... impossible to score if you get unnoticed every time when you are in a good position to score...

Last edited:
E

estranged

I love Villa but I just want to give all the gay Villa fanboys a taste of their own medicine.

First of all, where is that incoherent prick who attributes Villa's lack of goals/not enough game times to Alexis' presence? If you compare Alexis and Villa's recent performances, in no shape or form has Alexis been worse than Villa, in fact Alexis has looked more active than Villa. It's funny how some people put all of Alexis' contributions under close scrutiny, conveniently overlook his positives contributions and only note his fuck ups, yet they write paragraphs along with VIdeo evidence highlighting Villa's positive contributions when he hasn't really been better than Alexis. As the guy says so himself "Alexis didn't score, how did he have a good game"? That is the level of broke ass reasoning that we have to deal with on this forum these days.

I know I know, by writing that I'm really not better than them, but best to get things of your chest once in a while. Long story short, Alexis has been the victim of a witch hunt by many here, if you use the flawed logic that they backed up their arguments with, then it's only fair that Villa and Pedro get the same treatment, isn't it? However, and I say this to the gloryhunters for the billionth time, Villa won't come out of the blue and solve our problems all by himself just as Alxeis is not the sole reason we don't dominate like we should. Come to think of it, 8 points on top of La Liga, what the fuck are you people bitching about anyways?

don't bother dude....

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I love Villa but I just want to give all the gay Villa fanboys a taste of their own medicine.

First of all, where is that incoherent prick who attributes Villa's lack of goals/not enough game times to Alexis' presence? If you compare Alexis and Villa's recent performances, in no shape or form has Alexis been worse than Villa, in fact Alexis has looked more active than Villa. It's funny how some people put all of Alexis' contributions under close scrutiny, conveniently overlook his positives contributions and only note his fuck ups, yet they write paragraphs along with VIdeo evidence highlighting Villa's positive contributions when he hasn't really been better than Alexis. As the guy says so himself "Alexis didn't score, how did he have a good game"? That is the level of broke ass reasoning that we have to deal with on this forum these days.

I know I know, by writing that I'm really not better than them, but best to get things of your chest once in a while. Long story short, Alexis has been the victim of a witch hunt by many here, if you use the flawed logic that they backed up their arguments with, then it's only fair that Villa and Pedro get the same treatment, isn't it? However, and I say this to the gloryhunters for the billionth time, Villa won't come out of the blue and solve our problems all by himself just as Alxeis is not the sole reason we don't dominate like we should. Come to think of it, 8 points on top of La Liga, what the fuck are you people bitching about anyways?

don't bother dude....

:worthy:

J

jtmx12

@estranged

Simple. Villa has pretty much scored in every small chance he had since he came back, specially in La Liga (8 shoots, 5 goals [63% accuracy rate, four times better than Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao]). If he doesn't score, that's because he doesn't get the ball when he's in a good position. Alexis, on the other hand, as had as many chances to score as Villa, but in all of them he fcked it up - except one.

[15th November 2012, 12:06 AM]

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthrea...l-Zaragoza-3-1?p=910012&viewfull=1#post910012 where I say: {Alexis was getting better last games so I was up for him playing this game but since he's injured now, MVP all the way!}

or my post in Alexis thread (14th November, before he got injured)

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/10075-9-Alexis-Sanchez?p=909805#post909805 where I say: {wouldn't mind if Alexis gets to start next game over Villa, as he's doing pretty good lately. Let's see if he can finally score!}

Yes, as you can see, I wanted him to start this match over Villa or Pedro because he was playing pretty good last games. I'm not "blind" just because I like Villa, so yeah keep writing more crap if you want to.

I hope I was clear.

Last edited:

e28makaveli

Messi's goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8XN7SxYDg (3 defenders follow Villa because of his always awesome run, which leaves Messi alone to score)
Song's goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vvo6X1XpAg (3 defenders follow Villa because he is a threat as a 9, which leaves Song alone to score)

"El Messiah 10" said in the chat box that Villa was the worse in the first half. Perhaps it's just me that I like Villa too much, but I don't see how that's being the worse. Villa also had like 3 chances at least where he could have been assisted and would have been able to score, but since Messi was usually 4 meters next to him, he wouldn't get the ball.

Edit: Villa benched in min 60 for Tello, but before that Messi scored, and once again everyone follows Villa who could have been assisted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jwcxL24GgI), but once again Messi gets the ball and alone thanks to Villa)

There was also another one where Iniesta had Villa on the center and Messi on the right, and he did pass the ball to Messi which ended in nothing, but would have been probably goal if that ball went to Villa because he was alone and he was already running.

Also, if you look at all those 3 goals, Villa was in a good position in all of them. Result: he doesn't get the ball in any of them, Messi does instead in 2 of them (he already had the ball in 1 of them, and assisted Song instead when Villa was free too...)

Result: Villa end up the match without a goal, but I don't blame him, he had 0 shots as well... impossible to score if you get unnoticed every time when you are in a good position to score...

... Messi gets into better positions period and Villa when he plays in the middle, is often offside.

Armando929

I think Villa was good in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half he was moved to the center and he got lost in the shuffle.

Being in the center just doesn't suit him in this false forward system. He was much better on the left when he was able to make some nice plays with Alba and Iniesta.

Deserved more minutes IMO but hopefully he'll get his chance in Moscow.

Boris

His inpact in this game was unnoticable only by those with the low level of football awareness. Especially at third goal

-SG7-

I dont know why some people would be happy about an injury to player...especially a player for a club they support, no matter how good or bad their form is. I'd much rather have both a fit Alexis and Villa, because lets face it villa isn't getting any younger..so it might be a good thing to share minutes with alexis so they both stay sharp. Come towards the end of the season this will be so important.

Home of Barca Fans