David Villa

abual3bed1

He's been released of the hospital, will rejoin the training tomorrow. Playing against Granada will depend on how good he'll get by the time of the trip there.

frostdude1

I'll put it this way: you don't need to go to hospital just for kidney stone treatment. This is more serious.

Where do you suggest he goes to treat his kidney stones? Taco Bell?

As others have stated ... nowadays, kidney stones are taken care of pretty quickly. He should be back within 2 weeks if there is no infection.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Official: Villa has been released from hospital and will rejoin training tomorrow, his availability for next game depends on recovery.

Y

Youngie

If my 70 year old mother doesn't need to go to hospital to treat kidney stones then I'm sure a strong man like David Villa doesn't either. Unless he's a wuss (which he certainly isn't)

xsever

If my 70 year old mother doesn't need to go to hospital to treat kidney stones then I'm sure a strong man like David Villa doesn't either. Unless he's a wuss (which he certainly isn't)

He's a football player worth millions. They take him to the hospital and take no risk.

Last edited:
N

Noldorin

Kidney stones are not always so simple, I'm afraid to say. Yes, some small ones can be broken up by ultrasound and the person can be back to full health in a week. On the other hand, larger or more severe ones even these days require invasive surgery and a couple of months to recover properly and ensure no blockage remains! I for one hope it's the former case, but let's not presume.

Y

Youngie

Kidney stones are not always so simple, I'm afraid to say. Yes, some small ones can be broken up by ultrasound and the person can be back to full health in a week. On the other hand, larger or more severe ones even these days require invasive surgery and a couple of months to recover properly and ensure no blockage remains! I for one hope it's the former case, but let's not presume.

Villa's already been released from hospital...

Y

Youngie

Statistically, the only player this season in Barca that is doing better is Messi, Cesc is close, and Iniesta even closer, but Alexis & Pedro are very far away, yet they all play the important matches while Villa stays in the bench, and all of them have more minutes. But okay, let's forget about the goalscoring as you requested (by the way, in football this is what makes you win games).

OK Villa7. No need to get so worked up. I'm not saying David Villa isn't a natural goal scorer or anything. Just that he maybe shouldn't be starting big games because of good performances vs. Getafe and Cordoba. Hope you get my point.

Vapor

OK Villa7. No need to get so worked up. I'm not saying David Villa isn't a natural goal scorer or anything. Just that he maybe shouldn't be starting big games because of good performances vs. Getafe and Cordoba. Hope you get my point.
I get your point, just want to point out that he's had more good games than just those 2. Those were probably his best, but he's showed his goalscoring prowess all season long in the small amount of time he has had to perform.

From what I've seen, in a situation where we need goals, I feel most comfortable/positive with Villa on the pitch. Ideally a Villa - Messi - Tello or a Villa - Cesc - Messi lineup I think would be our deadliest lineup if we are trying to be as lethal as we possibly can in front of goal. Although if Pedro keeps us his old good goalscoring form he can replace Tello.

xsever

@barcastuff

David Villa, released from hospital yesterday after treatment for kidney stones, had a bad night and is not training this morning.

Last edited:
N

Noldorin

Villa's already been released from hospital...

Not when I posted that he hadn't been. :p And anyway, they really aren't so simple in a lot of the case, but a man in good shape like him should in theory shouldn't have much trouble, and indeed that proved true! :)

Home of Barca Fans