Cesc Fabregas

Catta

I didn't say he would be a starter, and play all the big matches. We could finally rest Messi against weaker La Liga opponents without having to worry who will create chances when hes not on the field. At one point in time we had Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago for 2 slots, we never had any problems against the small teams when we rotate. Cesc would not solve our first team problems but we would have great depth in midfield again.

JamDav1982

Looks like Conte is trying to convert him to some kind of Pirlo role in past few weeks.

Sitting deep and pinging ball about for fun. His passing has been unreal.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Looks like Conte is trying to convert him to some kind of Pirlo role in past few weeks.

Sitting deep and pinging ball about for fun. His passing has been unreal.

Ever since he left Barca, I have thought that such a role should be optimal for him, especially given that he starts to approach his final years. Him in a deep position surrounded by two midfielders doing the dirty work, allowing to concentrate on just spraying the ball all over the field with his ridiculous passing ability. He has a knack for goals as well of course, but I just like this role for him more.

Interested in what [MENTION=1707]antonnn[/MENTION] thinks about it.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I love it. I said a while back he needs to go to a Pirlo role since it gives him the freedom to do his stuff without the added duties which will stunt his style. Conte knows the worth in Cesc which is why he fought to keep him, and I'm glad he stayed.

Ursegor

World Champion
Once an agent always an agent.

NohOIsW.gif

Legend.

Horatio

You're welcome
Actually Christensen's mistake again for giving such a poor ball while Fabregas was under pressure by Messi.

BerkeleyBernie

Once an agent always an agent.

NohOIsW.gif

Legend.

Man, off topic, but that was a glorious tackle/run/assist by Messi and a monster hit by Dembele (I had thought he had took too long, but generated such power and accuracy).

And Suarez' run to drag defenders- master move.

xXKonan

Rare to see Cesc giving the ball away in those positions.
Ehh the last couple of seasons he has been guilty of giving away the ball quite a bit from what Chelsea fans say.

He also doesn't have much mobility anymore. Even at 28 he looked finished from a physical standpoint, likely due to some of the effects of the bad injuries he's had at Arsenal.

Horatio

You're welcome
Again...it was a poor choice of Christensen to play it to Fabregas like that with Messi on his side.

A moment that did stand out for me is when Kante broke through the defense(lucky bounce off of Iniesta's foot) and he and Fabregas ran up to the ball to finish it but Kante took the shot and Fabregas got angry at him for not leaving it for him even though Fabregas was running from a clear offside position.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans