User Tag List

Page 599 of 599 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599
Results 8,971 to 8,974 of 8974

Thread: Cesc Fabregas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say he would be a starter, and play all the big matches. We could finally rest Messi against weaker La Liga opponents without having to worry who will create chances when hes not on the field. At one point in time we had Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago for 2 slots, we never had any problems against the small teams when we rotate. Cesc would not solve our first team problems but we would have great depth in midfield again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Conte is trying to convert him to some kind of Pirlo role in past few weeks.

Sitting deep and pinging ball about for fun. His passing has been unreal.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Looks like Conte is trying to convert him to some kind of Pirlo role in past few weeks.

Sitting deep and pinging ball about for fun. His passing has been unreal.
    Ever since he left Barca, I have thought that such a role should be optimal for him, especially given that he starts to approach his final years. Him in a deep position surrounded by two midfielders doing the dirty work, allowing to concentrate on just spraying the ball all over the field with his ridiculous passing ability. He has a knack for goals as well of course, but I just like this role for him more.

Interested in what @antonnn thinks about it.

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it. I said a while back he needs to go to a Pirlo role since it gives him the freedom to do his stuff without the added duties which will stunt his style. Conte knows the worth in Cesc which is why he fought to keep him, and I'm glad he stayed.