Cesc Fabregas

Jaguar

Flair Trait
If he must play, he should play in CF position. He's lot more effective in the final 3rd both in scoring and assist plus he's also very good at heading.

I agree, Milan are going to try and pressure the midfield and we want to lose the ball the least amount of times possible, Cesc is prone to losing the ball when pressured highly, and there is no point in playing him on the wing either as it will only slow us down.

Y

Youngie

I agree, Milan are going to try and pressure the midfield and we want to lose the ball the least amount of times possible, Cesc is prone to losing the ball when pressured highly, and there is no point in playing him on the wing either as it will only slow us down.

So are Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Alexis etc.

Y

Youngie

Only real replacement for this game is Xavi, and he is definitely less prone to losing the ball.

Sure but Cesc is still adapting. And Cesc tries more difficult passes than Xavi. But you know this already ;)

Demon17

Maestro
Only real replacement for this game is Xavi, and he is definitely less prone to losing the ball.

He's probably the best player in our squad that takes care of the ball and hardly loses it. With Iniesta coming after him in that respect.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
He's probably the best player in our squad that takes care of the ball and hardly loses it. With Iniesta coming after him in that respect.

You talking about Xavi or Cesc? Xavi yes, Cesc no. Like Youngie said he is still adapting, he loses the ball as he isn't as adept at quick one touch passing which this team is all about. Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets are the least prone to losing the ball in this team.

Demon17

Maestro
You talking about Xavi or Cesc? Xavi yes, Cesc no. Like Youngie said he is still adapting, he loses the ball as he isn't as adept at quick one touch passing which this team is all about. Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets are the least prone to losing the ball in this team.

Yup I'm talking about Xavi.

Tomchin

Cesc: "The fans ask more from me than from others. A bad games sets me back 10 good ones. But I knew it'd be like this, it's normal."

ryaninho

Cesc: "The fans ask more from me than from others. A bad games sets me back 10 good ones. But I knew it'd be like this, it's normal."
This is true and it is evident on this forum. Even when he has a good some come out and says he is shit even if there are others worse than him.

Stric

There's truth to it. Many people will see him as "the guy we paid big money for", so he's under the spotlight. But he gets shit from many people all the time, regardless of how good or bad he's playing, so the negative bias is evident either way.

Irish_Cules

The problem isn't with how well Fabregas is playing. This season he has done extremely well. It's just that in terms of footballing reasons, his role is still quite unclear within the team. This will remain the case until Xavi retires or is seen as a substitute. He's not going to take over Xavi's role (nobody can really do this, Xavi is unique), but he will take his position in the starting line up.

barcanuck

Check the man of the match thread. Cesc has been our 3rd best player this year after Messi and Iniesta. He has been pretty slow and indecisive in the last month and has displaced Villa which is making him take a lot more criticism. I just hope his form goes back to normal along with the rest of team soon.

Home of Barca Fans