Cesc Fabregas

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Wow...kinda shitty by the club.....

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers

"There has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club"

"But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first."

It is kinda funny...and true. :lol: Still shitty though.

Who cares if this is true they should keep this to themselves, what kind of massage does it send to players who will join us in the future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can't tell a buyer to eff off when you're trying to sell a player, and that is possibly the only buyer. He wouldn't go anywhere else, then what? This board usually screws things, but this time they haven't.

I thought Manchester United was bidding higher than Chelsea?

At best, we broken even. From the business (not footballing) perspective, and given how much players are getting sold these days, we are on the worse end of this terrible deal.

We need to hire 10 MBA's to drill some business sense into our board's thick sculls.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If i followed the story carefully, Barca has 100M+ to spend before selling any players.

So far they didn't spend more than 30M on two players. Leaving 70M to play with.

There was no need to rush to sell Cesc.

Amen. I couldn't have said this better, Bertus!

F

Flavia

I thought Manchester United was bidding higher than Chelsea?

At best, we broken even. From the business (not footballing) perspective, and given how much players are getting sold these days, we are on the worse end of this terrible deal.

We need to hire 10 MBA's to drill some business sense into our board's thick sculls.

It doesn't matter if utd bid higher... Cesc would only leave for london. His sister lives there, so does his wife's 2 kids.
But no, utd bid last summer. This one, Van Gaal didn't want him.

Pepe Silvia

Pathetic. Really, really pathetic. The person responsible for this article should be sacked with immediate effect.

Has nothing to do with whether what was written is actually true, it just shows a lack of respect towards the player and a weird compulsion to show the club in a better light. I remember something similar when they wrote about Sergi Roberto the patient midfielder but this is a new low.
100%. Quite tacky and unprofessional.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Pathetic. Really, really pathetic. The person responsible for this article should be sacked with immediate effect.

Has nothing to do with whether what was written is actually true, it just shows a lack of respect towards the player and a weird compulsion to show the club in a better light. I remember something similar when they wrote about Sergi Roberto the patient midfielder but this is a new low.

This. x 10000000000000

What a sneaky, despicable act pulled by this club. Do they not have the basic human decency?? :angry:

Devils

wow...kinda shitty by the club.....

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/cesc-fabregas-three-years-in-numbers

"there has been a downward trend in his stats every season at the club"

"but despite glowing starts to each campaign, cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first."

it is kinda funny...and true. :lol: Still shitty though.

looool

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
‏<s>@</s>cesc4official <small class="time"> 2 min </small> Very proud to have signed for Chelsea https://grabyo.com/g/v/9eUyPCoaazG

It's a video. Arsenal fans won't like if they watch it.

It's just a statistic observation. While it could've been avoided, you and others are really overreacting...

Come on Flavia, overracting? you are defending every bit of this Cesc deal, even when they did something this pathetic.

They did not just show the stats, they had qualitative and judgmental narratives such as *"the magic tended to fade later on in each season... For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first." which shouldn't be allowed to appear in the first place. I mean, who writes this sort of postmortem assessment like this on a player who has just been sold to another club? It looks like a desperate act of them trying to placate critics and fans who don't want him to be sold that "Oh, he has been terrible lately. You should be happy we got rid of him".

This is not classy and decent at all, regardless of whether they are telling the truth or not. You just don't do this.

Home of Barca Fans